Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Is there anything tricky about removing and replacing the brake pedal on a 2007 GT?

I have placed a WTB in the classifieds. ( If anyone spots one on euro Ebay much appreciate the heads up....and if you can translate too...lol)

I dropped the bike in the bloody driveway....first time on it for about 6 weeks...two up...both on the ground...no real damage....I have straightened up the pedal....but it's going to be a bit weak....and it looks "unloved".

It's going on a trip to the MotoGP....a couple of thousand klms....so it's better replaced.

Cheers & thanks guys

Roger

·
Official Retired Person
7,514 Posts
I dropped my GT in the parking lot and bent the rear brake lever, too. Must be something going around!

Everything comes off easy enough. Typical caution: be careful of the coil spring! I did get mine straightened out with carefully placed blows from a plastic mallet. Reassembly took me a while because I couldn't figure out why the pedal kept binding when I tightened everything back up. That coil spring needs to be possitioned just right. Once you do it, you can do it again and again. It's the 1st time that's a b*tch! Probably won't ever need to remove that part again!

It's really an easy job.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Hi Guys,

Is there anything tricky about removing and replacing the brake pedal on a 2007 GT?

I have placed a WTB in the classifieds. ( If anyone spots one on euro Ebay much appreciate the heads up....and if you can translate too...lol)

I dropped the bike in the bloody driveway....first time on it for about 6 weeks...two up...both on the ground...no real damage....I have straightened up the pedal....but it's going to be a bit weak....and it looks "unloved".

It's going on a trip to the MotoGP....a couple of thousand klms....so it's better replaced.

Cheers & thanks guys

Roger
Remove it… take a big plastic hammer and work on it:D

Mine is near new after doing so…

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I've got a brake lever you can have. It's slightly bent as well, but still works to actuate the brake. It's just bent enough that it doesn't trigger the brake light switch. I'm pretty sure it could be brought back with a little hammer time, like Poolagent suggested.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I have a spare brake lever off a Sport, but I think it is different to the GT :(

Are you stopping off in Moss Vale on your way to Philip Island?

Rob

·
Registered
173 Posts
Would one of the gentlemen above who used the hammer technique kindly explain exactly how they did this? Did you just pop the lever in a vice and beat on it?

(Mine is bent ever so slightly from lowsiding it, and I'd like to bend it back out if possible...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts