Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my 2008 Multistrada1100s. A few times when I have locked the steering lock the rear brake light has illuminated and stayed that way. Twice I have not noticed this, and it has drained my battery. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a known solution?

·
Registered
129 Posts
It's possible that you are turning your key past the Lock position and to the Park position, which engages the parking lamp operation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yossarian,

Yes, that is quite possible as I was not aware such a position existed. I will look at the positions as soon as I get home. I appreciate the help as it was really worrying me. I have a "new" bike that I have been afraid to go anywhere on because I don't want to push or tow her home. Thank you!

Dave

·
Premium Member
12,388 Posts
Never let fear stand in your way....

Great bike a grampa Multistrada...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like you were right, Yossarian. I never noticed that there was a position beyond the steering lock. I do wonder why Ducati would put a drain your battery position on the ignition, but now that I know I will not make that mistake again. I greatly appreciate the help.

Dave

·
Registered
157 Posts
It's not only Ducati :smile2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts