Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never felt like I had much rear brake. Tried bleeding few weeks ago but still pretty weak.
Pads look OK but feel it's ineffective even as a gentle slow down to a stop sign without adding front.
Understand it's not supposed to do much but wanted some feedback from others.

I like to ride with my feet back pretty far on stock pegs how can I get gear and rear levers down and back?

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
409 Posts
With the OEM pads I had no braking power at all.
I replaced the pads with HH sintered EBC, I cleaned up the calipers and the pistons with braking liquid cleaner and changed the fluids.
Now I can block the rear wheel if I want to.

For feet repositioning I bought a set of adjustable footpegs from Ducati Designs.
Below is the link. Great quality and service. Take a look.
Ducati Designs, LLC - Home.

·
7,733 Posts
Use your rear brake regularly when you ride, and it gets better. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I could probably use this advice as well since I rarely use the rear brake. When I do it is pretty much worthless.
Its a good idea setting up the rear brake. When i got mine it was next to useless (even worse than my old cruiser drum brakes), found the problem to be too much free play, adjusted the adjuster rod thingy magig. Now its a Lot more responsive.

You really should be using both brakes at the same time. You feel the difference in braking power (and less nose dive) during hard braking.

·
Registered
395 Posts
dunno who set up my rear brake, but it is very strong, more so than I've encountered on most Ducatis.

The foot lever is out of the way...for a reason :p I also rarely use the rear brake - not so much in terms of frequency, but I use the front brake, and then dab the rear here and there to keep the bike balanced and add extra stopping power when I feel I need it.

The worst thing is to panic while your foot is on that lever. Countless accidents can be chalked up to a panic stop and hitting both brakes way too hard. The front is a bit more forgiving if you grab a sudden handful, but the rear will lockup and then, with the loss of gyroscopic stability from the rear wheel - you're screwed.

·
Registered
470 Posts
It's handy using the rear brake only for rolling or near stops at give way junctions or when on gravel or loose surfaces, as there is less chance of loosing the front.
Performing tight U turns is also a time to use the rear brake only, when balancing the throttle and slipping the clutch.

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts
Its a good idea setting up the rear brake. When i got mine it was next to useless (even worse than my old cruiser drum brakes), found the problem to be too much free play, adjusted the adjuster rod thingy magig. Now its a Lot more responsive.

You really should be using both brakes at the same time. You feel the difference in braking power (and less nose dive) during hard braking.
+1 on adjusting the free-play in the rod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts