Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As i use the AIM Dash, i can configure the speed sensor:

1. Number of pickups (screws) - now 6
2. Radius of the rear wheel

So i would be able to just use one of those, but with the original dash and no speedo healer i agree with poolagent.

Andreas

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello All

I bought the magnetic titanium bolts (X6) two years ago.

I did mount the titanium bolts this winter and did my first ride with the titanium bolts in the beginning of the spring this year.

I noticed that the speedometer did only show about half the speed that I actually was going.

And yes all 6 bolts was wit the magnetic inlay.

I did remove the titanium bolts again and then I did use the OEM brake disc bolts again for a while.

Then I did try to investigeate what did cause the misreading. The result is that 3 of the Bolts have the magnetic inlay mounted in the titanium bolt so that the magnetic field that is in the end of the titanium bolt is a magnetic North and the other 3 bolts have the magnetic inlay mounted so it creates a magnetic South.

In that way the mix of magnetic North AND South is interfering the signal that should trig the Hall-sensor.

All in all I bought 3 new bolts with the same polarity as 3 of the bolts I already had.

So now I have 6 bolts with the same polarity - and it works now!!!!!

So all in all make sure that the magnetic polarization is identical for all 6 bolts if you are going to buy the titanium bolts.

Ciaoooo

Moller

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
.... Then I did try to investigeate what did cause the misreading. The result is that 3 of the Bolts have the magnetic inlay mounted in the titanium bolt so that the magnetic field that is in the end of the titanium bolt is a magnetic North and the other 3 bolts have the magnetic inlay mounted so it creates a magnetic South.

In that way the mix of magnetic North AND South is interfering the signal that should trig the Hall-sensor.

All in all I bought 3 new bolts with the same polarity as 3 of the bolts I already had.

So now I have 6 bolts with the same polarity - and it works now!!!!!

So all in all make sure that the magnetic polarization is identical for all 6 bolts if you are going to buy the titanium bolts.

Ciaoooo

Moller

Outstanding research done! Very well diagnosed and corrected! Great Job!!!!!

:wink2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts