Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not notice when I took off the rear axle that it has a longer thread on one side than the other. I cannot figure out which end goes, no real difference that I can see. Which side of the bike (L or R) does the longer threaded portion of the rear axle go? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,443 Posts
Don’t leave us hanging!
What did you determine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, sorry. The short threaded end is on the left side of the swing arm. When you insert the axle like this it becomes obvious that is how it goes in and I believe is correct application. If you just put the axle up to the swing arm (on the outside of swing arm, not installed) it looks like it could go in either way. When everything is installed, both sides of the axle have the exact amount of thread showing behind nut when torqued down to 83nb per work shop manual. At least this is what I found out. The Ducati work shop manual did not say which end is which, just said take it out and put it back in with no reference to short and long threads going on which side of swing arm. Go figure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts