Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got this one used 07 , 10,000 miles . every things seems good , but when the engine in neutral it makes rattling noise but when i pull the clutch it stops :confused:
i hope this thing is not normal with Ducatis .

·
Registered
346 Posts
i got this one used 07 , 10,000 miles . every things seems good , but when the engine in neutral it makes rattling noise but when i pull the clutch it stops :confused:
The rattling noise is the dry clutch. Ducati people seem to love this sound. :D
The rattle does get louder as the plates and basket wear, but it is there on a
new clutch. Some high-precision basket assemblies claim to reduce the
chatter to almost nil.

Also, if an open style (non-original) clutch cover has been fitted, that will
increase the volume level quite a bit. Stock covers are one solid piece with
no holes.

The clutch music is something of a trademark among Ducatis in general; most
guys seem to like it (and it does turn heads when you motor past a group of
parked motorcyclists).

It is also amusing to have someone in a gas station come over and tell you
that "yer bike must be broken".

·
Registered
290 Posts
I hope you are kiddin...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Is this a joke thread, like where do I put my blinker fluid?

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
ha ha! the OP is pulling everyone's leg... taking everyone for a ride. Great tongue-in cheek humor man! :D

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
When I twist my hands on the handle thingys, the right one is loose and it makes a vrooom-vrooom noise!:)
To OP, if you're for real...... it's normal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes , my hypermotard is 07 , also from the frame code it's 07 . i think the noise is normal then .
other japanese bikes don't have this kind of noise . i guess i have to get used to it.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Depends what part o fthe globe you live on.
First Hypermotard in west Europe hit the roads early June 07.
They all came out within a month or so of June and they were early release 2008 models. I got my 2008 in August 2007. You're not telling me that there was a 2 month production run of 2007 models are you?

·
Chilehead
6,984 Posts
They all came out within a month or so of June and they were early release 2008 models. I got my 2008 in August 2007. You're not telling me that there was a 2 month production run of 2007 models are you?
European model year starts normally on January 1st, and ends on December 31st. There are some rare exceptions, but normally it is that way.

The OP is in UAE, so he probably is going by European model year, and not US model year.

For example, Streetfighters here are 2009 models, not 2010 as in the US.

First HM I saw on the street was in late April of 2007, driven by Federico Minoli to a private dinner party (we were at the same table). This was two weeks before the official introduction.

Tom

P.S. That is why the new Ducati models at the EICMA show are all 2010 models, as they haven't been released yet, though some will be released next month.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
European model year starts normally on January 1st, and ends on December 31st. There are some rare exceptions, but normally it is that way.

The OP is in UAE, so he probably is going by European model year, and not US model year.

First HM I saw on the street was in late April of 2007, driven by Federico Minoli to a private dinner party (we were at the same table). This was two weeks before the official introduction.

Tom

P.S. That is why the new Ducati models at the EICMA show are all 2010 models, as they haven't been released yet, though some will be released next month.
Ahhhh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts

Tom

Tom do you have any insight to the production scale that Ducati do on a new model release?

I'm probably asking this the wrong way.

When Ducati do start shipping the models, have they already carried out a significant production run of new bikes?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts