Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 1098s Black, 100% stock, all recalls done, no stalling. 2800 miles. Mint.

What would be a fair asking price?

·
Registered
16 Posts
With winter coming on and in todays market, its rough for sellers right now.
I am looking at a couple of dealers right now with brand new 08 1098S's in stock they are giving up for 17,500 OTD with 1st scheduled maint at no charge.
I would guess maybe about 12,000 - 13,000 if you can find the right buyer.

·
Registered
111 Posts
With winter coming on and in todays market, its rough for sellers right now.
I am looking at a couple of dealers right now with brand new 08 1098S's in stock they are giving up for 17,500 OTD with 1st scheduled maint at no charge.
I would guess maybe about 12,000 - 13,000 if you can find the right buyer.
I`m not looking to buy out from under you but if you dont mind where are the dealers?

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you want I will get you the numbers to them, one in N ca and one in vegas.

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you want I will get you the numbers to them, one in N ca and one in vegas.
sure, but they may be geographically undesirable. I`m in cincinatti. Getting to be the time of year where a fly out and ride back would be hard and shipping may be cost prohibitive.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Shipping cros country is far less. I just made arangments for a bike from Las Vegas to Seattle for around $450. Call and talk to Deanna at 209.578.1330. they have 3 ’08 1098s with no miles. S he has arranged to ship bikes all over the world.

Check out this thread for details. http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=70960

Remember: you never know till you ask!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The one dealer that quated me $17,500 OTD on sunday backtracked today when I showed up with the cash, he said that he thought I was talking about a standard 1098 which they dont even have in stock. I would have walked out but I got a good deal on a standard 1198 instead.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,881 Posts
The one dealer that quated me $17,500 OTD on sunday backtracked today when I showed up with the cash, he said that he thought I was talking about a standard 1098 which they dont even have in stock. I would have walked out but I got a good deal on a standard 1198 instead.
Any dealer that tried that bait and switch crap with me would have to work mighty hard to sell me a bike. And then they would never see me or make a dime off me again for accessories, parts, or service if I could help it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree with nine16 completly, what a crock! I would have walked out to never return to false pretenses and lies, especially in these times.

But if you are happy with what you got, congratulations on your new ride, time to farkle her up now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
yah try Deanna at Modesto Ducati. The S models are 16,300= 18K OTD

I bought one from Ace Motorsports they gave me the same deal. The 1st 600 miles service is free (did it already) and if you put 7500 miles on it within the 1st year that service is free as well. Thats would be valve inspection and adjustment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts