Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any ideas on the closest i can get to a Moto3 out of the box or a build with instructions?

I'm thinking Cagia Mito with a four stroke single engine maybe.

The KTM 390 is about the only thing i'd seen that's close in weight but down on power.

The newer Cagiva Mitos with the 6 speed gearbox seem hobbled compared to the old 7 speed, happy to be corrected if i'm wrong

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,658 Posts
anyone have any ideas on the closest i can get to a Moto3 out of the box or a build with instructions?

I'm thinking Cagia Mito with a four stroke single engine maybe.

The KTM 390 is about the only thing i'd seen that's close in weight but down on power.

The newer Cagiva Mitos with the 6 speed gearbox seem hobbled compared to the old 7 speed, happy to be corrected if i'm wrong

Ok... I'll correct you.. the 6 speed unrestricted Mito's fly straight out the box.
Mine is good for 170kph and 0 to 100k in 6 seconds.

·
7,658 Posts
my 7 speed would do 190km/h near redline
In your dreams... try checking it with an on board GPS like I do.
The speedo is wildly optimistic

Reactions: kdehkordi

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In your dreams... try checking it with an on board GPS like I do.
The speedo is wildly optimistic
lol yes, indicated sorry, i'm old school :) and when i had mine people didn't have gps, what's your indicated speed?

·
7,658 Posts
lol yes, indicated sorry, i'm old school :) and when i had mine people didn't have gps, what's your indicated speed?
About the same as yours.
It hits an indicated 12kRPM in 6th gear with a 40t rear sprocket (stock is 43)
I use a tiny little Garmin Edge gps for speedo checking on the bikes.

·
Premium Member
4,281 Posts
I am patiently waiting for the RC690.

Well they sell the 390 and 690 duke why would they not give us the 690 in the RC chassis? I see this as the follow up to the supersports in a light weight bike with good power to weight and usable performance. They seem to be able to get 60ish hp to the rear wheel if they can keep the weight close to 300lbs I am in. I have not bought a new bike since 1993 but I would consider a RC690.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts