Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are the upper forks 50mm?

The sliders? I have searched and cannot find the answer. Need to know for headlight brackets.

·
Registered
979 Posts
The sliders? I have searched and cannot find the answer. Need to know for headlight brackets.
Well... they are 50mm where the top triple and the clip ons are. but you would have to measure where you would be mounting them, Also... look into using a headlight mount from a monster, they bolt on the lower triple.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well... they are 50mm where the top triple and the clip ons are. but you would have to measure where you would be mounting them, Also... look into using a headlight mount from a monster, they bolt on the lower triple.
Good point on taking measurements. I may actually be using my stock trees. I have some ideas brewing....

·
Registered
32 Posts
For some reason the number 54mm is sticking in my head but I may be confusing the SS with the old GSXR forks. If no one pipes in with an answer by tomorrow I will pull out the calipers and measure the width of the sliders below the yoke and handlebar clamping area for you.

·
Registered
891 Posts
For some reason the number 54mm is sticking in my head but I may be confusing the SS with the old GSXR forks. If no one pipes in with an answer by tomorrow I will pull out the calipers and measure the width of the sliders below the yoke and handlebar clamping area for you.
That is the diameter at the bottom triple clamp. The forks narrows to 50mm a bit above the bottom triple (depending how you position the forks).

·
Registered
32 Posts
OK, upper area where the yoke clamp and clip-ons attach is 50mm in diameter. the fork leg then widens to 51mm briefly then again to 54mm where the lower crown clamp attaches. Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts