Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you? I'm sure they will. TV today said he is up for a contract renewal.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
It's up to Ducati to say they want him back....he has a two year deal but it's Ducati's option for the second year.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have not been a Nicky fan since I met him at Mid-O years ago. I don't think he will ever do well on a GP bike again. My guy feeling is that he will come back to the states now that Mat is gone and dominate the AMA or whatever is left of it.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
You won't see Nicky road racing in the AMA any more than you'll see me line up on the GP grid...

(And can we get this moved to the Road Racing forum where it belongs?)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I hope he gets another year and some real track time to see if he can really adapt. If you look at everything I think he has been progressing very well for coming into a very different team/bike/crew etc. If they will give him full support unlike Honda the last couple years he may do very well. A world champ deserves a fair shake! Personalities should be a non factor. Pedrosa is good but a complete troll! I think Ducati gets there moneys worth out of Nicky and then some. He is a fighter without alot of excuses and gives everything he has. He does have talent. He has my respect.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just watched him in Indy at the GP this weekend and it was like watching Scot Russell back in the day switch over to 500cc. Some guys can make the transition and some can't. Not saying he is a bad rider, but GP ain't for everyone.

You can see he is not nearly as smooth as Rossi, Pedrosa, etc. He needs to push harder. Yeah I've heard the comments about riding the Dici being a tough one to tame but this is top tier racing.

The only reason he got a podium today is because 2 other riders who were pushing harder than him crashed out. The track and temps were perfect this weekend in Indy. In warm up he ran faster than the pole sitter, but the whole pace picked up today, did he?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I have not been a Nicky fan since I met him at Mid-O years ago. I don't think he will ever do well on a GP bike again. My guy feeling is that he will come back to the states now that Mat is gone and dominate the AMA or whatever is left of it.
+1 I also haven't been a Nicky fan ever since I met him at Phillip Island back in 2003 when he was on the podium for the first time in Moto GP (he finished third that weekend). He left a very bad taste in my mouth after I met him. I also feel that after his Ducati days are over we will see him in some other series, WSBK or back to AMA?? On a lighter note, kudos to him for finishing third, it helps to have luck in racing and he had it today with both Pedrosa and Rossi going down up front.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
I just watched him in Indy at the GP this weekend and it was like watching Scot Russell back in the day switch over to 500cc. Some guys can make the transition and some can't. Not saying he is a bad rider, but GP ain't for everyone.

You can see he is not nearly as smooth as Rossi, Pedrosa, etc. He needs to push harder. Yeah I've heard the comments about riding the Dici being a tough one to tame but this is top tier racing.

The only reason he got a podium today is because 2 other riders who were pushing harder than him crashed out. The track and temps were perfect this weekend in Indy. In warm up he ran faster than the pole sitter, but the whole pace picked up today, did he?
I would LOVE to see Hayden's reaction if you walked up to him and told him he wasn't cut out for GP, and that he should push harder...:abduct:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah Me too!

My autographed Russell replica Shoei sits on the shelf.......

I was smart not to buy a Hayden replica helment!

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
You won't see Nicky road racing in the AMA any more than you'll see me line up on the GP grid...

(And can we get this moved to the Road Racing forum where it belongs?)
Agreed, Nicky will either be on a MotoGP grid, or he'll retire.

Its actually funny, I've never been a fan of his either. He's too politically correct and to be honest, he races for the money, his heart isn't there anymore. Edward's is someone I greatly admire, he's cocky and a bit of a loud mouth like I am, which brings a nice touch to the MotoGP paddock. But both Nicky and Edwards are long past their prime. I think both of them should go into WSBK and duke it out. :D

Nicky will re-sign for Ducati because he has nowhere else to go.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
98 Posts

Its actually funny, I've never been a fan of his either. He's too politically correct and to be honest, he races for the money, his heart isn't there anymore. Edward's is someone I greatly admire, he's cocky and a bit of a loud mouth like I am, which brings a nice touch to the MotoGP paddock. But both Nicky and Edwards are long past their prime. I think both of them should go into WSBK and duke it out. :D

What? Nicky is what 27-28? He's to old? Bayliss, Haga, ROSSI ect. come on. He races for the money? Are you delusional? IDK where you ever heard that from. That kid rides with more heart than 3/4 of the grid. I've always liked Edwards but he hasn't done shit since he's been in the GPs. Someone who doesn't ride with heart does come to mind though, his name is Stoner.

·
Premium Member
8,752 Posts
I hope he gets another year and some real track time to see if he can really adapt. If you look at everything I think he has been progressing very well for coming into a very different team/bike/crew etc. If they will give him full support unlike Honda the last couple years he may do very well. A world champ deserves a fair shake! Personalities should be a non factor. Pedrosa is good but a complete troll! I think Ducati gets there moneys worth out of Nicky and then some. He is a fighter without alot of excuses and gives everything he has. He does have talent. He has my respect.
Me too. I like the fact he works so hard at getting better, I like the fact the whole family is involved, doing it since he was a little kid with Earl and his Mom right there supporting him. I admire that.

·
Premium Member
8,752 Posts

Ca'mon, you comparing yourself to Edwards? OK, I'll give you that, except for one small detail, he races in MotoGP. I don't think hes that cocky, otherwise I would have noticed it and called him a POS. I've liked Edwards for years, if he was a cocky loud mouth as you describe him, he would have been launched out of GP along time ago, unless he had the skill of a Rossi. You can be a prick if you had a record like Rossi.

·
Premium Member
8,752 Posts

Not so fast cowboy, I heard he has offers waiting. We forget sometimes this racing stuff is supposed to instigate bike sales and other manufacturers see Nicky as a plus for selling their bikes. Furthermore, its not up to Nicky whether to re-sign or not, its Ducati's choice.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Yeah, since people are lining up to race the Ducati and offering to ride for free they should definitely cut Nicky loose.

Oh, wait. That is the Tech 3 Yamaha and people are passing up big money to ride the Duc. Yeah, this thread is well thought out...

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Yea, lets look at Nicky's offers...

1) Factory honda... NOPE, he spilt that team long time ago
2) Factory Yamaha... NOPE, all booked up this season
3) Factory Suzuki... NOPE, booked up.
4) Pramac Ducati... So far 1 open seat
5) San Carlo Honda... NOPE, booked up
6) Scott Racing... Might not run 2010, no word yet.
7) Tech 3 Yamaha... MotoGP wants a Brit, so Toseland might be racing again next season, but doesn't have a ride. Edwards is actually racing for the factory and if Ben Spies wants into MotoGP, he'll be kicked out.

So basically, Nicky has 2 places to go; On another Ducati OR Tech 3 Yamaha.

Anyhow, its a poor argument to say, Hayden has "options". To be honest, nobody wants a 28 year old non-front runner, when there is a bunch of kids from 250cc class moving up to MotoGP, all of them dying to race against Rossi. Hayden has zero options, thats why he'll sign for Ducati next season before Pedrosa makes up his mind. No matter what, Hayden won't be going back to Honda and he sure as hell won't be riding a Honda privateer bike.

I've been paying a bit more attention to this then the average web surfer. I'm anxious to find out what's going to happen next year, only because of Stoner really. From the rumors I've been hearing, his seat is wide open if anybody wants it. :(

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
What? Nicky is what 27-28? He's to old? Bayliss, Haga, ROSSI ect. come on.
WSBK is for young talent looking to get into GP and for MotoGP retiree's. Don't forget, both Bayliss and Haga went to MotoGP and retired from it, quite quickly if I may add.

He races for the money? Are you delusional? IDK where you ever heard that from. That kid rides with more heart than 3/4 of the grid. I've always liked Edwards but he hasn't done shit since he's been in the GPs. Someone who doesn't ride with heart does come to mind though, his name is Stoner.
I honesty think, none of you have any idea how MotoGP works, its a job. Yep, your right, Nicky really shows a lot of emotions on camera, its how he is. I recall a young Italian 250cc champion, doing the same thing, not too long ago. Needless to say, Ben Spies doesn't ride with heart, he's doing it as a job, he wants to be the next Rossi and look where he's going. He's got a guaranteed seat in MotoGP, whenever he wants it. Ben is on the way up and Hayden is sadly, on the way down. Guys like Capirossi have been able to stay in MotoGP for quite sometime. There is a reason why; Capirossi is a good test rider and companies like Suzuki need guys like that to help make the bike better. Hayden isn't a great test rider, in fact, he doesn't know much about bikes at all. Rossi built the Honda to where it is today, Pedrosa fixed it and Hayden just went along for the ride. Rossi wins titles, so he's sticking around until he retires. So besides Rossi and Capirossi, who is next oldest? Edwards? Yea, he's probably gonna get kicked out.

I've talked with his brothers (both come to my local track to test) and they're super kool guys. They haven't achieved the level of glory Nicky has, but they're both really good riders and the family over-all is probably one of the nicest and koolest on the grid. Earl is a hoot, so is his mom, just great people. I'm just not a fan of Nicky, I'm not the only one either...

1 - 20 of 166 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.