Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,

fairly new here, been lurking a while, I was a memeber a while back, I believe, in 08-09 when I built a 08 Multi S for Long distance riding, attached some pics of that build, I rode a IBA 48+ on this bike, touched all 48 lower states, then ended up in Hyder Alaska in under 8 days...

OOPS! put it in the superbike section instead of the Multi section... So I'll add this!

I sold that bike, now I have a 699R DesmoQuattro, (destroked 748) that I am running in the local to me Central Roadracing Association. Some pics of that too...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Hey All,

fairly new here, been lurking a while, I was a memeber a while back, I believe, in 08-09 when I built a 08 Multi S for Long distance riding, attached some pics of that build, I rode a IBA 48+ on this bike, touched all 48 lower states, then ended up in Hyder Alaska in under 8 days...

OOPS! put it in the superbike section instead of the Multi section... So I'll add this!

I sold that bike, now I have a 699R DesmoQuattro, (destroked 748) that I am running in the local to me Central Roadracing Association. Some pics of that too...
LOL! I was just going to mention that you might want to add this to the multi section. Very cool setup though! If you have a link to a write up you did on the 48 ride, I would really enjoy reading it.

Question: why did you destoke a 748? I'm thought a 748 twin could run with the 600 I4s. However, I'm not an expert on road racing rules, though I very much like to watch the races.

By the way, welcome!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought it that way, Bruce Meyer built these short stroke motors to race in the lightweight classes, was outlawed in most of them because it was so fast, even in 748R trim it is not competitive with 600's even at the club level. so I run the 699R motor in LWGP, Formula 40, twins superbike, I have an 748 motor that I was going to build into an 853 and bump up to MW but I like LWGP...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh and I don't think I ever did a write up on my 48+ ride...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts