Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
doing my 12k service a bit early and pulled the cams to find some pretty flakey rockers. Some of them are in ok shape, but on a budget ,would you re-chrome a rocker in this condition? It only looks worn. no chips or cracks. and still smooth s a babies bottom.....eh ok something like that any way. just looking for a bit of wisdom and direction. Thanks all

Attachments

·
Registered
729 Posts
Since you're in there and been doing lots track days (assuming the thrashing that will continue) I'd re-chrome 'em. The patchy grey is the plating adhesion layer showing through. You might be able to finish the season on them (read might) but should be addressed before the next scheduled maintenance. If its a high revving 748 then I wouldn't wait...

2c

·
Registered
511 Posts
I think that Megacycle actually hardfaces, then grinds them back to original spec, a different process than re-chroming. A much deeper surfacing process than chroming.

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
I would do something about the rockers. I replaced a cam and rocker on my 916 and have done over 20K since without problems. Another 916 purchased at the same time had the same problem as well. The owner chose top go for re-chroming instead and the bike is fine 30K later. Either way seems OK, but you should do something!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts