·
Registered
42 Posts
very trick looking

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
mothereffing jaw dropping!
yeah, that sums it up well. I simply cannot paint to the point that I won't even try anymore. amazes me what some can do. :yeah:

·
Banned
523 Posts
damn that looks great! teach me your ways because I need to do this sometime in the near future

·
Registered
168 Posts
Another awesome rattle can job! Well done!

Any tips you can give to us rattle can newbies? Are the pinstripes vinyl or painted?

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Now why do I feel so inadequate with a can of paint all of a sudden? :eek:

You guys are un-friggin'-believable!

Ron

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Any tips you can give to us rattle can newbies? Are the pinstripes vinyl or painted?
Pinstripes are 5mm-6mm gold vinyl.....to match original 1098R tail and nose design. Clearcoated though

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Great job I like it, but I never thought that an R owner would use a spray can. I've always think that R owner are the Elite and would only want the very best.

It is a great job I do like it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great job I like it, but I never thought that an R owner would use a spray can. I've always think that R owner are the Elite and would only want the very best.

It is a great job I do like it.
Thanks..... but OK, I'll bite.
Dude, you have a history on here about how the 'R' models are over priced, and you can build a better bike for less money, bla bla bla ....there's repeated swipes and snide remarks about the 'elistist' overpriced R models and their riders.... yes, you go on and on and on.

They are trackday fairings mate...nothing more.
...and for the record, I'd rather spend cash on 5 sets of Pirellis than an expensive track paintjob.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Pinstipes are just vinyl....any good autoshop will stock them
I used 5mm wide gold...to match OEM 1098R parts.

Everything is clearcoated though
I doubt the paint will last long at the track, im expecting stonechips pretty quick as its only rattlecans

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Man it's a compliment you did a great job. I'm giving you credit for your work. I'm not saying anything bad at all.

Why spend thousands of $ on paint for a track fairing and you did a great job for just a few $. You rather spend that money on tires I would do the same.

As for the R I would rather use the saving from the base model on other components to make it a better handling bike. The R model is not significant to me I'm speaking for myself.

Sit back and relax. You did a great job I like it very much that is an awesome color scheme.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As for the R I would rather use the saving from the base model on other components to make it a better handling bike. The R model is not significant to me I'm speaking for myself. .
Relaxed...but we've read this line over and over mate.
We get it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts