Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A rare copy of the first Superman comics sold for $317,200. That would buy a couple of nice Ducati's. Better check your old stuff:D

·
I have a button.. BITCHES!
8,971 Posts
I actually thought that that particular book would bring more cash. I've got 6 boxes of comics that I collected back around 1990. Most of it wouldn't bring much, but I do have some fairly decent books that might fetch a bit. When the 'X-Men' (newer series) came out, I got 20 copies of #1 autographed by Jim Lee with photos and certificates of authenticity. I've got some older Wolverine, Spiderman, Punisher, and others from that era that have some value. I also have a few copies of 1rst, 2nd, and 3rd, appearances of Sabretooth in 'Power man and Iron fist'. Got em out of some grab boxes at a local comic book store for $3.00 total. Dude didn't even know what he had. I like comics. I pull em from time to time just to look at em. Probably my favorite character is a 'DC' character named 'Lobo'. He uses the term 'Frag' alot. That's where I learned it. I use that word even today, at least 900 times an hour.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just went to the attic and had a check on my comics. Nothing precious on there. I own quite a few oldschool comics but nothing worth mentioning. Have always been a big fan of the cheech wizard and of course the DC stuff. Forgot about it for a while only to get into it again about ten years ago.
If there´s someone out there having knowledge of the stuff - I bought around ´98 the complete collection of a DC series called Major Bummer, which was cancelled after a few issues. Is that worth something, just curious here...
I liked it quite a bit and was furious when it was cancelled as I appreciate the punk attitute.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have a bunch of the old GI Joe and Transformer comics (from the '80's). Also have some of the old Alien vs Predator comics from about the same time. THey've just been sitting in a box (in plastic sleeves with backboards) for a LONG time now.. I wonder...

·
9,757 Posts
I actually thought that that particular book would bring more cash. I've got 6 boxes of comics that I collected back around 1990. Most of it wouldn't bring much, but I do have some fairly decent books that might fetch a bit. When the 'X-Men' (newer series) came out, I got 20 copies of #1 autographed by Jim Lee with photos and certificates of authenticity. I've got some older Wolverine, Spiderman, Punisher, and others from that era that have some value. I also have a few copies of 1rst, 2nd, and 3rd, appearances of Sabretooth in 'Power man and Iron fist'. Got em out of some grab boxes at a local comic book store for $3.00 total. Dude didn't even know what he had. I like comics. I pull em from time to time just to look at em. Probably my favorite character is a 'DC' character named 'Lobo'. He uses the term 'Frag' alot. That's where I learned it. I use that word even today, at least 900 times an hour.

NERD!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Lobo is pretty quirky. I became a batman fan from my dad. He had a Detective Comics issue 43 - the second that Batman appeared, when he was a teenager. They were stolen along with many other things, when my Grandma's house was burglarized after he left for the army. He used to read Zap when he was in the army. Comics - its a family thing.

·
Trackday Junkie
1,374 Posts
A rare copy of the first Superman comics sold for $317,200. That would buy a couple of nice Ducati's. Better check your old stuff:D

I did. And sold them (a very large Transformer collection).

And now I have an 1198S. Well.....ok....the collection and selling my Hayabusa got me an 1198S.

The Transformer/GI Joe comic books haven't really been holding any value, so I just kept all those for memories sake.

Btw, my call name 'Mospeada', is a Robotech character of a motorcyclist, and said bike becomes super armor and weaponry for said rider.

Yes I'm proud to be a Transformer/Robotech nerd.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts

And now I have an 1198S. Well.....ok....the collection and selling my Hayabusa got me an 1198S.

The Transformer/GI Joe comic books haven't really been holding any value, so I just kept all those for memories sake.

Btw, my call name 'Mospeada', is a Robotech character of a motorcyclist, and said bike becomes super armor and weaponry for said rider.

A man of my own ilk. Which provides a unique internal conflict when it comes in terms to Jetfire.......

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts

Linn Minmei is hot! :)

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts

Back in the 80's I started collecting comics again.
Grendel
The Watchmen
The Dark Night Returns
Electra
Faust
Spawn
Lobo
The Maxx
Marshal Law
to name a few.
Geeks unite!

·
Trackday Junkie
1,374 Posts
A man of my own ilk. Which provides a unique internal conflict when it comes in terms to Jetfire.......
Had 2 of them. One loose out of box, and another that, although unboxed, was perfectly sealed by plastic in the box/foam. No stickers applied, missles on trees, everything.

Linn Minmei, eh? Lol, I'm partial to Soryu Asuka Langley, the redhead on Evangelion... www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQw05e26I-k

·
I have a button.. BITCHES!
8,971 Posts
Back in the 80's I started collecting comics again.
Grendel
The Watchmen
The Dark Night Returns
Electra
Faust
Spawn
Lobo
The Maxx
Marshal Law
to name a few.
Geeks unite!
Yeah, I've got a few 'Spawn' and 'Faust', but I just didn't get the whole 'graphic novel' thing. My brain is a bit mushy.:D

·
Registered
495 Posts
Checkerboard paneled DC books are the juice! (Kids, did I say that right?) Metal Men, House of Mystery with Kaluta art and Dial H for Hero, Batman, Sgt. Rock.......... and then there was Vampirella.;)

BTW, I have a reprint of the 1938 Action Comics No. 1 (first Superman) that I'll part with for a mere 10% of the cost of what an original just sold for. :abduct:

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Honestly I couldn't care if the first printing of Cootchy Cootie was sitting in front of me and I had a trust fund, I wouldn't spend 325,000 on a comic book. I'm pretty f'ing happy with the reissue.

Hell, I'd be hard pressed to consider spending 325,000 on "Rollie Free's" Black Lightning. And I love Vincents.

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
That's weird I was just talking to my gf the other day...she left her ex-husband a year ago and they're going through the divorce now. We said just give him the house and whatever else and let it go, she's trying to get through it as smoothly as possible but it's going to be difficult anyways. He's the kind of guy that pushes a woman down until she has no self-esteem left.

Anyway, six years ago she bought a comic from a reputable dealer going out of business or something. It's a comic book that has the first appearance of Spiderman, her favorite character. She's got a tat of him on her back. As well as Batman/Poison Ivy/Catwoman on one arm and Wonder Woman on the other arm...lol Anyway, she said she paid 25,000 for the comic even though it was worth 50,000. I was like...holy shit! 25,000 for a freakin' comic book? What do I know... She had it appraised and put in one of those cases and it's in a bank vault. The kicker? When she got married a year and a half ago, they signed a prenuptial that said if they got divorced the book goes to her daughters. Her ex is PISSED. Why? It's worth over 200,000 dollars now!

Not that I know anything about comics, but the woman gave up the comic book for me. She must like me...:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts