Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: This isn't my ad, nor anybody I know, and I don't work for Craigslist.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mpo/d/pittsburg-ducati-dp-race-kit-partb-cams/6801570637.html

Probably one of the OEM rarest mods you can find on a first gen hyper and this kit is up-opened. Thought I'd share with forum since during my 5 years of ownership of my 1100s I never saw this kit sold second hand whether used or new. I did read that that this cam kit plus full system exhaust delivered 18% more fuel than the stock setup. That's 10% more than then termi full system exhaust kit (headers+exhaust+air filter cover+ecu).

I'm not in the market since I ride an 821 now but this looks like a good deal.

Anyone ever install the cams themselves? How's performance?

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Disclaimer: This isn't my ad, nor anybody I know, and I don't work for Craigslist.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mpo/d/pittsburg-ducati-dp-race-kit-partb-cams/6801570637.html

Probably one of the OEM rarest mods you can find on a first gen hyper and this kit is up-opened. Thought I'd share with forum since during my 5 years of ownership of my 1100s I never saw this kit sold second hand whether used or new. I did read that that this cam kit plus full system exhaust delivered 18% more fuel than the stock setup. That's 10% more than then termi full system exhaust kit (headers+exhaust+air filter cover+ecu).

I'm not in the market since I ride an 821 now but this looks like a good deal.

Anyone ever install the cams themselves? How's performance?
The 10% and 18% is just rubbish. If you look at the actual fuel maps the difference between the 2-1 pipe kit and cams kit is very minor. I’d say the person at Ducati who was setting the bike up for testing put the cams in before they were meant to, and the 2-1 pipe mapping goes very rich at the top end as it has pretty much the same fuelling as the cam kit ecu. The cam kit ecu is often quite a bit leaner at lower throttle though. Both are quite a bit different to the std map, not an across the board 10% though.

The cams did give a nice top end improvement, I think I set them at 112 degrees inlet centreline.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have been casually looking for a "Power Up Kit" for years! I've never seen one either, and this one is already gone :(

t_bare

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been casually looking for a "Power Up Kit" for years! I've never seen one either, and this one is already gone :(

t_bare
That was quick!

Anyways here's more info on the DP Kits/ECUS for you lucky first gen owners. I don't attest to the accuracy and don't know who put this together but I did find on one of the popular hyper forums.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
[quotes=ltumacder;6957781]That was quick!

Anyways here's more info on the DP Kits/ECUS for you lucky first gen owners. I don't attest to the accuracy and don't know who put this together but I did find on one of the popular hyper forums.[/quote]

Yes, it’s been a popular comment since they were new. It’s rubbish.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
don't know that the dp cams are still available. the part numbers were 14812441B and 14812451B. currently show as au$535 each. the kit was quite a bit less than that from memory.

the evo cams from the later engines are listed as $870 each.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ducati Kaemna has replica DP cams and their own Sport and Race cams.

For the 1000/1100 2V engines we got 4 different cams:

Ducati Kämna Sport Cams, with lots of torque in low mid and small increase on top end, designed mostly for road riders for normal service! Take a look at this diagramm from red - Ducati Performance cam, compared to Ducati Kämna Sport cam - blue.

Ducati performance cams, with best mid and topend ,but less torque in lower and mid therefore ,designed from ducati for sport-race use ,road and race -requires more service of course! Take a look at this diagramm from red - Ducati Performance cam, compared to Ducati Kämna Sport cam - blue.

NCR race cams, full race , lower level torque up to midrange ,but best topend power and wide open end at high rpms, best with carrillos or pankl rods for higher rpm limit, much more service required clearly! This diagramm red NCR cams

Ducati Kämna Race cams, nearly equal (bit better low and midrange torque) to NCR caracter and service, but cheaper!

·
Registered
10 Posts
That was quick!

Anyways here's more info on the DP Kits/ECUS for you lucky first gen owners. I don't attest to the accuracy and don't know who put this together but I did find on one of the popular hyper forums.
I can attest for the 18 % more fuel. At least in consumption :surprise:
I run the cams and a 2in1 SC Projects. The hesitation from 7k rpm up is gone, runs now right into the limiter.

In hindsight, and having the Hyper dedicated to street riding only, it might have been the wrong decision. I need the range more than the last 1.000 rpm.

Reactions: Baroquenride
1 - 9 of 9 Posts