Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking to see if anyone is using the quick-shifter module and their opinions on it. I keep dabbling the idea of getting a different bike, but I actually quite like my bike and just really want a quick-shifter, primarily the auto-blipper functionality.

I was going to get a system from Proshift, but apparently you cannot even measure TPS voltage without causing the ECU to go into limp mode so I could not get the readings necessary for their bespoke builds.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I have a rapid bike w/ QS+Blipper on my 2016 DVT, it's definitely not as good as the factory blipper was on my S1000R but it works okay.

·
Registered
691 Posts
2016 DVT. I concur with Zombie, I expected a better experience as well (blipper/quickshifter). After fiddling with the settings a bit I gave up. It works fine but requires a bit of an effort and not very smooth. (downshifting especialy). Sometimes I wonder if it's working...
The RB and BMC air filter gave it a nice jolt though.
When I'll have the chance I will take the Multi to a dyno shop.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
759 Posts
@Team Gorgonzola do you have issues with clutchless downshifts from 3rd to 2nd? It doesn't matter how much I roll off the throttle, I cannot get it to shift down to 2nd. Other gears seem to work OK. (haven't tried 2nd to 1st, tbh)

·
Registered
691 Posts
@Team Gorgonzola do you have issues with clutchless downshifts from 3rd to 2nd? It doesn't matter how much I roll off the throttle, I cannot get it to shift down to 2nd. Other gears seem to work OK. (haven't tried 2nd to 1st, tbh)
I think it's a rpm issue. I think you're right, 3rd to 2nd it's iffy. I need to research it, to better understand the blip time and rpm, and make changes on the map. Today it seemed to work better, don't know why. Also it backfires a lot during deceleration, I know it's probably a lean issue but I thought the RB map would fix it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
759 Posts
Here's what I got from Yaman at RapidBike reference backfiring:

"Also, deceleration back fire is not a malfunction of anything especially when unrestricted exhaust system is installed and the shorted it is the worse it will pop when the throttle is chopped. The reason for that is, when a piggy back fuel management is added , Rapid Bike, PCV or Bazzaz or any other , it eliminates what is called a fuel cut when the throttle is closed and this will cause some tiny bit amount of unburned fuel entering in to the exhaust pipes and when that meets with fresh air due to reversion that is when fresh air actually gets back into muffler on deceleration and that is when the popping can be heard and the effect is related to the length of the muffler."

Think a set of AIS plates are in my future, not sure I want to bother with it this season though...

Reactions: Gix
1 - 6 of 6 Posts