Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RB users who've set up the software themselves... did you just install and go or were there settings to tweak before running? The software has a bunch of things... I generally don't adjust stuff that doesn't NEED adjusting until I'm comfortable that the base install is working right. I'm not seeing any online part of the RB site where I can download a custom setup (for instance... for Arrow + Decat)... do you just let the auto-tune fix the map?

·
Registered
325 Posts
RB users who've set up the software themselves... did you just install and go or were there settings to tweak before running? The software has a bunch of things... I generally don't adjust stuff that doesn't NEED adjusting until I'm comfortable that the base install is working right. I'm not seeing any online part of the RB site where I can download a custom setup (for instance... for Arrow + Decat)... do you just let the auto-tune fix the map?

The whole concept of the RB unit is to be self adaptive. So once you install the unit, you need to take a 200km run. The unit will tweak the base map best suited for your riding conditions. The map changes constantly depending on heat and humidity and rising style. Give it a few rides to set it just right.

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,372 Posts
The whole concept of the RB unit is to be self adaptive. So once you install the unit, you need to take a 200km run. The unit will tweak the base map best suited for your riding conditions. The map changes constantly depending on heat and humidity and rising style. Give it a few rides to set it just right.
The above is true but when I bought mine I had the RB Dealer having to install a base map with all of my existing mods. After successfully installing the module I enabled the auto adaptive feature on my laptop while connected to the bike and did about 700 miles to Yosemite National Park and checked the auto adaptive tables to make sure they were doing their job once I got back.

Note that I was also in constant communication with my dealer which helped ease my anxiety as to whether or not I had installed it correctly.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The above is true but when I bought mine I had the RB Dealer having to install a base map with all of my existing mods. After successfully installing the module I enabled the auto adaptive feature on my laptop while connected to the bike and did about 700 miles to Yosemite National Park and checked the auto adaptive tables to make sure they were doing their job once I got back.

Note that I was also in constant communication with my dealer which helped ease my anxiety as to whether or not I had installed it correctly.

That is also true. In my case, I installed the unit with the base map while my multi already had the full termi and the up-map. It still worked great for me and still continues to do so. I did have some backfire happen occasionally. When I contacted dim sport, they sent me another base map. They said that the values in the first column should be zero and values in that column will cause a bit of backfire. I’d say that fixed 99% of the backfire. I still get a bit now but only when the engine is cool. Once it comes up to running temp, that goes away.

·
Premium Member
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like what I expected... I should be able to track down an Arrow map which would tweak the starting settings a bit. I expect it would sort out the best settings eventually assuming the autotune works well (sounds like it does) but maybe with rough running for a bit.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sounds like what I expected... I should be able to track down an Arrow map which would tweak the starting settings a bit. I expect it would sort out the best settings eventually assuming the autotune works well (sounds like it does) but maybe with rough running for a bit.
My bike had the termi with up map and I just installed the unit, never even pluged it into a computer. It's been on my "to do " list for a year. Bike runs great so it will probably stay that way, I am not a computer guy.

·
Premium Member
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dug through the files that came with the software... the only DVT Multi file was stock so I guess the only option is to let it train.

Once it warms up and I can actually ride I'll take a training ride or two and then post the map changes. I did start the bike and let it run for a few minutes... seems like I didn't screw anything up with the install at least - sensors were all sensing, throttle position was positioning and so on.

Reactions: Team Serpent

·
Premium Member
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should have waited another month to install... now that the bike is ready to go I'm looking outside at the shitty weather and grinding my teeth.

... and starting it up is even worse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts