Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my fuel sensor took a crap. I ordered the new sensor not knowing this was a common issue on our bikes. The first one was eaten by Ethanol I suspect. I installed the new one not knowing it required a trip to the dealer for a firmware update. I took her in, made it clear no less than 3 times the bike has a Rexxer flash for the Leo de cat and Mwr filter setup. The bike always ran well and made good power on the dyno, even though the dyno showed a hair rich at high rpm.

Anyway the new tech in Abq( sorry not impressed) updated ALL BOXES and erased my tune.

I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered a rapidbike from CalSport in the U.K. I ordered on Tuesday at 11:00 am the kit was delivered on Friday around 11:45 am. I can't get parts delivered in the USA in 3 days let alone U.K. To USA/New Mexico. With the exchange rates it was about 40-50$ cheaper than I could I find in the states. The other Main competitor stateside isn't taking PayPal which was a deal breaker. I've had too many cards hacked lately and I'll pass business onto vendors who do.

Anyway on the 12 mts the tank doesn't need to be removed. It would make life easiest to remove tank and airbox as the rear injector wire is snug.

I opted to remove the front and side panels, and loosen the tank but tank wasn't necessary.

I started the loom under the seat and ran front cylinder injector wires to the left and rear to the right. The front 02 sensor wires go right, rear left.

It requires tapping the tps line off the left throttle body but it was straight forward. Some pics in the manual would've made it a little more clear on that.

They required a line to rear brake for power I'm assuming. They mention some bikes have a Polarity issue and provide a jumper in case your bike has this issue. They just don't mention how to know if it has it or not. I assumed when I ran the checks it would show up so I installed without the jumper.

The software is user friendly. I enabled the autotune. Set the adjustment range at +/- 15% as I live at 3300 feet but I'll be hitting the mountains tomorrow at around 9,000 feet. Sensors were centered in the range at idle and by following the user guide everything checks out.

I'll put a few hundred miles on her tomorrow then come check which changes have been applied to the maps.

It runs a separate map for each cylinder which is a plus over most systems that use a single 02 sensor

Attachments

Reactions: blackie

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did about a 260 mile ride today and let the auto adapt do it's thing. I'll do one more ride and apply the changes, then copy them over to the base map and save that as a hard flash to the ram so it can make changes from there. I set the threshold at 15% as I rode from 3300-9000 ft today.

Attachments

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
So what does all that stuff on your computer screen tell you...?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what does all that stuff on your computer screen tell you...?
Shows me the base map which Rapidbike supplies. Then the auto adapt mode is adding or subtract fuel real time and applying it. It's like a riding dyno tune.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
So the up and down on the graphs show the additions and subtractions which correspond to the numbers in the cells?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the up and down on the graphs show the additions and subtractions which correspond to the numbers in the cells?
As far as I can tell yes it's a 3D image of the additions subtractions to the map. It's got a 2d as well as an x/y/z format.

I'm still new to the auto adaptive stuff. I've used tuners before in the car world. One axis is throttle position/ another rpm etc.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to throw out an update, I called Rapidbike as this system does not function in the same way as a PCV or Bazazz, it's constantly making changes in the background.

Anyway we did a remote access to my PC, Mr Turan walked me through some screens, talked about some of my mods, and undid the couple of things that I had changed not really understanding the functionality of this system. He made a couple of changes to the hard/base map as the system had added quite of bit of fuel, especially to the rear cylinder. I'm running the Leo Cat delete, MWR filter and Amullo airbox mod.

I'll take her for another spin soon but i'm very happy with the function and more so with customer service.

I'll be getting one for my R1M soon as well.

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
Just out of curiosity...why did you apply the auto adaptivity settings to your base map rather than leave it alone and just continue to let it adapt?

In theory the adaptivity settings are only good for the conditions you happened to be in, but they could change.

ETA: On a separate note, I noticed on my Panigale drastically different values on adjacent cells (+12 next to -3)...this seems kinda weird

·
Registered
698 Posts
Ok I just got my RapidBike racing installed by Yaman at CyclePro in Orlando. Really nice install, he even fabricated a bracket to move the battery retainer! I also had the quickshifter installed with it. Only a few miles on it so far, but the flat spot is gone and strong consistent power delivery all the way through the Rev range. The quickshifter works beautifully (almost too beautifully as ridiculous speeds are even easier to attain). The system will learn and adjust with more miles so I will report more after a few hundred miles. So far very happy!

2016 blinged out PP
2007 Monster S4RS

·
Registered
698 Posts
Second ride. Wheelie control off the bike would always power wheelie, but now the front end comes up earlier. The power band is steady and pulls like a train. The quickshifter is smooth as butter, becons ridiculous speeds. I will take it out for an extended ride next week, will report back.

2016 blinged out PP
2007 Monster S4RS

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've been talking with yaman too , he is really helpfull. I got mine installed last night along with the quick shifter. I was having trouble starting last night, think it's a battery thing but it finally fired up and I just rode it around the block , it was late. I'll re-check everything tonight and can't wait to get it up to speed... Thease bikes are amaxing !

Maxmach, I think it's your bike that is showing up on thier face book. Looks great , lots of bling , very sweet ride... you need some carbon rims next.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Lol. Yes that's my bike! Thank you for the compliment! Yaman installs the carbon fiber wheels next week, ordered them 3 months ago!

2016 blinged out PP
2007 Monster S4RS

·
Registered
698 Posts
I've been talking with yaman too , he is really helpfull. I got mine installed last night along with the quick shifter. I was having trouble starting last night, think it's a battery thing but it finally fired up and I just rode it around the block , it was late. I'll re-check everything tonight and can't wait to get it up to speed... Thease bikes are amaxing !

Maxmach, I think it's your bike that is showing up on thier face book. Looks great , lots of bling , very sweet ride... you need some carbon rims next.

These!

2016 blinged out PP
2007 Monster S4RS

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just out of curiosity...why did you apply the auto adaptivity settings to your base map rather than leave it alone and just continue to let it adapt?

In theory the adaptivity settings are only good for the conditions you happened to be in, but they could change.

ETA: On a separate note, I noticed on my Panigale drastically different values on adjacent cells (+12 next to -3)...this seems kinda weird
I'm guessing it was a drastic enough change that he was watching that he trimmed it to the main map.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ongoing issues with my RB seup , just wont start well at all, crankes & crankes, pops, farts and finally catches. Once it starts it seems to run fine, I let it Idle (did that well) for 3-4 min then would not re-start...Yes the battery is good. I am going to re-check all connections , if no-go return to stock and ship it back :-(

Maxmatch , sweet rims. I couldent bring myself go with carbon on an ADV bike but then mine is not a PP, I went with OZ (not to hijack...)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ongoing issues with my RB seup , just wont start well at all, crankes & crankes, pops, farts and finally catches. Once it starts it seems to run fine, I let it Idle (did that well) for 3-4 min then would not re-start...Yes the battery is good. I am going to re-check all connections , if no-go return to stock and ship it back :-(

Maxmatch , sweet rims. I couldent bring myself go with carbon on an ADV bike but then mine is not a PP, I went with OZ (not to hijack...)
The only issue similar I've read about was the polarity issue with the brake pedal. But they give a wire extension to fix that.

Did you try dragging the rear brake to eliminate the possibility?

TPS jumper?

·
Registered
698 Posts

I hope you get it worked out, the capability of the Rapid Bike is nice.

On another note (not to continue the hijack!)
I have always wanted carbon wheels and when Rotobox came out with the new design I jumped at it! I ride the bike more as a sport bike anyway, it will never see dirt or do much touring. Nice wheels on yours though, really like the OZs.

2016 blinged out PP
2007 Monster S4RS

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hope you get it worked out, the capability of the Rapid Bike is nice.

On another note (not to continue the hijack!)
I have always wanted carbon wheels and when Rotobox came out with the new design I jumped at it! I ride the bike more as a sport bike anyway, it will never see dirt or do much touring. Nice wheels on yours though, really like the OZs.

2016 blinged out PP
2007 Monster S4RS
I've got the S Forged from a 1098S, I agree, mine wont see dirt unless I blow a turn or need to make a U Turn, she's a big ST to me. Also have the M50's which come standard on the newer ones. I may add some fork cartridges soon as my seal barely weeps on occasion, so I know it's in the future. I have an Ohlins TTX already.

Reactions: multimike

·
Registered
154 Posts
The only issue similar I've read about was the polarity issue with the brake pedal. But they give a wire extension to fix that.

Did you try dragging the rear brake to eliminate the possibility?

TPS jumper?
Thanks but-I am not sure I understand this suggestion, bike ran good before install and there was no electrical connection or change to the brakes ?

I did get some suggestions from Yaman - hopfully I will get it sorted out this weekend, if not it goes back for a replacement.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks but-I am not sure I understand this suggestion, bike ran good before install and there was no electrical connection or change to the brakes ?

I did get some suggestions from Yaman - hopfully I will get it sorted out this weekend, if not it goes back for a replacement.
The power cable for the unit at least on the 12 taps into the rear brake, some people reported the bike would only run if the brake was depressed, so Rapidbike includes a jumper for this issue. Mine was fine as delivered. I would suggest holding rear brake down and see if she runs?

It may be a different setup on the 15+, I have 0 experience on that bike as of yet.

Reactions: multimike
1 - 20 of 25 Posts