Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've got a 2017 1200s with a full Akrapovic system and a rapidbike evo unit... I'm finding the bike is running alot better at low rpm(much smoother) but it drinks fuel! I'm going to put the map switch on and get some dyno runs done... My question is, can I set up a economy map and performance one? Or am I just better using the bypass plug for when I'm doing long highway rides?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The RB Evo only supports one map, for what you are trying to do requires the RB Race

t_bare

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Hi all, I've got a 2017 1200s with a full Akrapovic system and a rapidbike evo unit... I'm finding the bike is running alot better at low rpm(much smoother) but it drinks fuel! I'm going to put the map switch on and get some dyno runs done... My question is, can I set up a economy map and performance one? Or am I just better using the bypass plug for when I'm doing long highway rides?
Buy the RB cancel plug and bypass the whole thing. Drive around a bit and report back. If you are commuting and not railing it, you can delete the RB unit and see how your ECU does (hint: mileage will jump from 33-44). Dave K has this set up and explains it in detail in other posts.

I'm in the process of setting up a dedicated map, which AFIK is possible. Poor economy and oil diluted with gas sucks. No flat spots rules. My RB doesn't even reek of unburnt fuel that bad, but it's out of bounds on the fuel dumps.

Dyno yours after switching and I'll do mine :x

$75 BTW for the RB delete plug.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Here's what Rapidbike suggests on how to use 2 maps (normal and leaner):

The real trick is how to figure out the correct O2SENS value. It surely changes the target A/F ratio, but Dimsport doesn't explain the relationship between these 2 values, just:
"this setting must be changed only by testing the bike on a dyno bench with a
gas analyzer system. This is the only way to proceed in order to verify which stoichiometric
value the auto adaptivity gets and avoid regulations dangerous for the engine"

As Youtune controller allows the maximum adjustment of O2SENS value in +2 to -2 range only, go really easy on the setting! Note - PLUS leans the A/F ration (I think, they go by: higher O2SENS = higher A/F ration = leaner mixture).
I'd add 1 to O2SENS value and ride the bike long enough to see how it effects A/F. If it's not enough - repeat and test again. Or, as Dimsport recommends - take the bike to dyno.

Also, O2SENS value changes A/F across the whole TPS/RPM range. It does not allow selective adjustments (like Dynojet AutoTune). The only issue here is that you probably wouldn't want to lean A/F @ WOT/rev limit range, but Rapidbike can't do that with OEM O2 sensors.

The other way would be completely disable "Auto Adaptivity" feature and just create 2 separate maps on dyno

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. I have booked dyno time as I really wanted to get the fueling setup. Not sure if I should just go with a lean and a rich map or create 2 new maps altogether? I'm a little confused with the "auto adaptive" won't that just cancel the lean and rich out?

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you are going with 2 custom maps, you have to disable auto adaptivity all together. The adaptivity has to be disabled anyway during dyno tuning, otherwise it will interfere with the adjustments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I take it that is adjusting the table? I've got a bypass plug aswell, so will use that as a base setting.

·
Registered
115 Posts
BIG WARNING!!! It may be important for someone considering Rapidbike for 1260. The new harness puts the device on top of the battery. The harness is not long enough to move the device under the passenger's seat (like 1200). Unfortunately, the rider seat will NOT fit in lower position with Rapidbike!!!
I tried all possible locations for the device - nothing works. The only way I see is to buy a smaller Lithium battery and stuck Rapidbike between the battery and the frame.
Not an issue for me as I use the seat in high position, just FYI.

·
Registered
775 Posts
BIG WARNING!!! It may be important for someone considering Rapidbike for 1260. The new harness puts the device on top of the battery. The harness is not long enough to move the device under the passenger's seat (like 1200). Unfortunately, the rider seat will NOT fit in lower position with Rapidbike!!!
I tried all possible locations for the device - nothing works. The only way I see is to buy a smaller Lithium battery and stuck Rapidbike between the battery and the frame.
Not an issue for me as I use the seat in high position, just FYI.
I have a Rapidbike unit pulled from my Panigale that's earmarked for my 1260. Consequently, I emailed Yaman Turan at Rapidbike for clarification.
As usual, he replied quickly and with the following:
"You can move the battery strap up ( loosen one side ) push it towards the tail to gain some clearance and the module falls right in."
including a photo of how they install it at their shop.
Hope this helps as I don't want to raise the seat height.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a Rapidbike unit pulled from my Panigale that's earmarked for my 1260. Consequently, I emailed Yaman Turan at Rapidbike for clarification.
"You can move the battery strap up ( loosen one side ) push it towards the tail to gain some clearance and the module falls right in."
Thanks! I'll try that. I wonder, why they don't include it in the installation manual. Here's the picture from the manual:

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry, I have to disappoint you. The solution Yaman gave you does not work on 1260. I believe, the picture that he sent is of 1200. That harness is much longer than 1260 one. There is no way to run the main connector cable as shown in the picture. 1260 is too short for that. You can visually compare the length of the cables on Yaman's picture with the one from the installation manual.
I had to make a new battery strap in order to fit Rapidbike. So, to summarize:
1. Rapidbike (as it's shipped) will NOT allow to put a rider seat in a lower position.
2. You need to fabricate a new battery strap to fix the issue.
3. Reposition bike's ECU on the new battery strap (or whatever it is, attached to the strap) closer to the right side of the bike to free up some space for Rapidbike.
I wish, they make the harness just 20 cm longer and that would be enough to put the device under a passenger seat...
Attached are a couple of pictures of my installation.

·
Registered
775 Posts
@zr1000a1
Thanks for that. Email to Yaman sent with a link to this thread.
Seems that longer cables would be the easiest solution for those not wanting to raise the seat height and place the unit under the pillion seat.
BTW, I have a vested interest in this as I am very stoked about porting my RB unit to the 1260 and disabling the exhaust valve. I'm sure to pickup a few ponies in the mid-range. If we can get this cabling issue sorted out, (which it will), I'll do a before and after on the dyno.

·
Registered
115 Posts
@zr1000a1
Seems that longer cables would be the easiest solution for those not wanting to raise the seat height and place the unit under the pillion seat.
BTW, I have a vested interest in this as I am very stoked about porting my RB unit to the 1260 and disabling the exhaust valve. I'm sure to pickup a few ponies in the mid-range. If we can get this cabling issue sorted out, (which it will), I'll do a before and after on the dyno.
I sent an email to Yaman, he's going to let Dimsport know about the problem. Hopefully, they'll come up with a better solution

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
@zr1000a1
Whatever cable length I have on the 2015 takes it back under the seat no problem. Cut a small notch in the tray back there and stick it in. That's the way the PO had it. Handy, especially when installing the block off RB unit to test OEM upgrades to the ECU.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Whatever cable length I have on the 2015 takes it back under the seat no problem. Cut a small notch in the tray back there and stick it in. That's the way the PO had it. Handy, especially when installing the block off RB unit to test OEM upgrades to the ECU.
I think you missed the whole point. We are talking about 1260, 2018. The harness is different from 1200 DVT. It's shorter and you can't put the device under the passenger's seat

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I think you missed the whole point. We are talking about 1260, 2018. The harness is different from 1200 DVT. It's shorter and you can't put the device under the passenger's seat
I did not miss the intent of the post, or whole point.

Someone said they needed an alternate location for RB placement and I mentioned under the seat happened with the 2015 application. That is all. Just trying to help.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I did not miss the intent of the post, or whole point.

Someone said they needed an alternate location for RB placement and I mentioned under the seat happened with the 2015 application. That is all. Just trying to help.
Sorry, but DarR and I discussed the placement of RB on 1260 which it totally different from 1200. You quoted his post, that's why I assumed that you suggestion is irrelevant.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Latest status on the Rapidbike Evo setup I'm due to install mine next week not wanting the lower gas range. I am due my 18000 mi service so what better time right. I already have new chain and sprocket +2 on rear and oem on front. World of difference. So just checkin status of Rapidbike.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts