Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Multistrada Granturismo, currently running Termi full exhaust and tune.

I've no success contacting Tune Boy, maybe you guys can help.

Will the Tune Boy CC only (no tune) be compatible with the Rapid Bike EVO module and will the heated grips still work?

Appreciate it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Don't know about the '14. I have TB w/CC & heated grips on my '12 PP. No problems for me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Watch out-I ask the same round-about question. I had the race ECU that come with the Termi on my 2012 and just wanted the TB cruise only. That map will upload into that ECU but loads a STOCK map in place of the race map. The servo valve was not responding=check engine light and it ran like crap, all after I was told that it would work. I finally got him to send me a race map for that exhaust to upload with the cc only key that was issued but it takes a while for response. Even if it will load to the EVO ecu it replace any race map already loaded with a stock tune with a cc only key.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Watch out-I ask the same round-about question. I had the race ECU that come with the Termi on my 2012 and just wanted the TB cruise only. That map will upload into that ECU but loads a STOCK map in place of the race map. The servo valve was not responding=check engine light and it ran like crap, all after I was told that it would work. I finally got him to send me a race map for that exhaust to upload with the cc only key that was issued but it takes a while for response. Even if it will load to the EVO ecu it replace any race map already loaded with a stock tune with a cc only key.
BTW-won't affect the heated grips

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
toeslider, thanks for the confirmation on the grips. Regarding compatibility with RB, as I understand it, since RB doesn't make any changes to the ECU, and is a piggyback module, RB will be compatible with TB cruise only. I am under the impression that it is irrelevant that TB overrides the current ECU race map with the stock map. But I am unsure of all of it all. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably should just go with the TB tune and cc and skip the rapid bike, but I've read enough bad reports on the TB to make me nervous. Somebody convince me to go this route. Toeslider, what how did the TB tune work for you.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Probably should just go with the TB tune and cc and skip the rapid bike, but I've read enough bad reports on the TB to make me nervous. Somebody convince me to go this route. Toeslider, what how did the TB tune work for you.
He has many maps to download but the only map that he sent me to use was for the Termi full exhaust and AF that comes with kit. I actually liked the TB map a little better than the Race ECU map that is on the ECU that was sent with the kit. Both are very similar in power but the TB idles slightly better and gets a little better gas mileage on my bike. I think that both still use O2 sensors below 3-3500 rpms and steady cruise.

·
Registered
79 Posts
He has many maps to download but the only map that he sent me to use was for the Termi full exhaust and AF that comes with kit. I actually liked the TB map a little better than the Race ECU map that is on the ECU that was sent with the kit. Both are very similar in power but the TB idles slightly better and gets a little better gas mileage on my bike. I think that both still use O2 sensors below 3-3500 rpms and steady cruise.
BTW-If the RB runs on top of the stock tune(like a power commander)-it will still have a code and light if you have a full exhaust that removes the exhaust servo valve. The race ECU and the TB Termi race map both disable that within the computer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Toeslider, thanks for the info. I've got it figured out. I'm new to Ducati and didn't realize there's a world class tuner in reach. Mark Sutton at the Ducshop. I'm going with the TuneBoy tuning and cruise. Mark is going to tune it on the dyno. It will be neat to see how the current Race map compares to Marks TB tune on the dyno. This will also allow the use of the nudge buttons. I'm pumped.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Toeslider, thanks for the info. I've got it figured out. I'm new to Ducati and didn't realize there's a world class tuner in reach. Mark Sutton at the Ducshop. I'm going with the TuneBoy tuning and cruise. Mark is going to tune it on the dyno. It will be neat to see how the current Race map compares to Marks TB tune on the dyno. This will also allow the use of the nudge buttons. I'm pumped.
Good reviews from Mark-I'm in Athens about an hour away from Atlanta=small world. You should be happy with his tuning since TB is about all that he uses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts