Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with Rapid Bike EVO.
Been thinking about getting one for my bike.

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I wonder if its worth it.It's over $600 here in Canada.
I just dont like how the throttle is son unpredictable at low revs. I'm riding 2016 939 sp

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I just dont like how the throttle is son unpredictable at low revs. I'm riding 2016 939 sp
Some people like it, some have various problems. A few active threads already. Starting another one would be superfluous.

Considering the way the OEM system works, I think narrow band O2 signal modifiers are not gong to work very well. That said, I do not speak from personal experience with Rapid Bike. An effective ECU would drop out of closed loop immediately when acceleration is requested. The OEM doesn't. Narrow band sensors can only detect a correct low load mixture, not how much the mixture varies from that, Hence, attempting to compensate would be a very indirect algorithm involving trying to guess the correct value by how long the sensor stays off center. I would expect it to possibly work if you find the sweet spot to the algorithm relative to how you twist the throttle. Of course, this is all just wild speculation on my behalf. I suspect anything short of eliminating the closed loop operation on one of the ECU's is not going to work very well but on a new bike you have the issues of emission compliance and warranty.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm no good at the techno-speak like in the above post but, I can tell you plainly, from my experience having installed one and run it for almost two years at various altitudes, from sea level to over 8500' it makes the bike more rideable-period, especially noticeable at low speed/high rpm.

Low speed/high rpm surging is about 90% eliminated on my bike. I'd never go back to stock ECU only.

I think that mine does run a little rich at certain times and throttle openings but, I can live with that because it's a big improvement over the stock ECU. These bikes run way too lean from the factory. In fact, I think so lean, that it's a detriment to the motor.

I have seen people here post pictures showing their header pipes near the exhaust ports blue-black with a hole burned right thru the pipe and they think that it's because of too thin header pipe walls and/or defective pipes.

I think that it's because these particular riders probably ride their bikes hard and the damn things are running so lean that it's turning their pipes blue-black and burning holes in them.

My header pipes are still a golden bronze color all the way to the heads.

kuksul08 has done extensive tweaking with his unit, and claims to have found the sweet spots pretty much at all throttle openings.

I have left mine at the factory settings. You have to have a windows based computer to run the program and make adjustments, and I use an apple.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Use the Rapid Bike Exclusive ST1628 RAPID BIKE EXCLUSIVE SELF TUNING/MAPING KIT HYPERMOTARD 939 - Shift-Tech Carbon
they retail for $ 455.00 and as a member you received 10% Discount at DUCATI - Shift-Tech Carbon so the unit will just cost you much less then $ 600.00......

It's the same unit as the EVO only difference is that you can not reprogram the actual module with the software for another bike at a later time, everything else is the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts