Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a good read through the forum install thread located here but still had many questions so went through the whole install, riding and tweaking, then created this post for posterity in the hopes it might help others:

https://chancemoto.com/2017/06/12/rapid-bike-evo-in-depth-review-ducati-streetfighter-1098/

Please note that although the write-up is specific to the Streetfighter 1098, that most of what's in there can be generalized to pretty much any Ducati you would fit the system to.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Good review. I agree if perfect is a 10, stock is probably a 6 and this prob gets it to something in the 8's.

BTW...how did you manage to get the engine @ 3800 RPM @ WOT? I also find it odd that RP has no lean settings in your adaptivity map.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good review. I agree if perfect is a 10, stock is probably a 6 and this prob gets it to something in the 8's.

BTW...how did you manage to get the engine @ 3800 RPM @ WOT? I also find it odd that RP has no lean settings in your adaptivity map.

Re: WOT @ 3,800 RPM -easy: give it the beans from low RPM!

There are still a few bugs that need to be worked out in terms of the auto adaptively settings. The never-leaning-out is one, as is the +12 at low RPM (+12 is the current maximum enrichment parameter setting).

As I mentioned in the review, it's a good thing that the guys at rapid bike are willing to help troubleshoot these issues. Suffice to say that the system is not quite plug and play and does require some tweaking to get the best results.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
For those that may be interested, rapidbike now offers a Bluetooth module to allow for a wireless connection to your Bluetooth equipped PC.
I have one installed. Works very well. Very nice if the USB connector is buried under the fairings.

Pros:
  • Don't need to carry around and plug the cable in to view / modify RB Master settings

Cons:
  • Cannot apply firmware updates via BT adaptor, must use cable
  • Mobile app has pretty limited functionality, it's glorified tachometer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts