Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I replied on CRFan1's thread but I thought I could put this here in case folks are looking for it.
Ordered the Rapid Bike Easy from https://rapidbike.us/t/rapid-bike-easy-kits after talking to Yaman who was super helpful. Ordered Friday, delivered Monday!

Installed last night. Went great. A bit time-consuming but simple.
Day 1 I think I can say "it's fixed!"
I haven't messed around with the setting, just set it +2 richer.
the 4500rpm lean surge is gone and seems easier to get off the line.

Akra goes on tonight, I'll let you know how that goes as well.
Tip: Don't connect the harness to the unit until you're sure, it's a b!tch to get that connector off.

I routed the harness in front of the rear cylinder and behind the frame to the front O2 connector.
Routed the rear and stuffed it under the panel where the seat key latch is.
Mounted the unit itself under the right side panel.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Awesome and thanks for the write up Jmardy!!! Seems like a good spot! So this got rid of the lean surge at part throttle? Mine does it between 4-6K but if you roll on the gas it's gone (goes into open loop). If this device gets rid of that surge I will fall in love with this bike cause the lean surge drives me a bit nuts, lol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome and thanks for the write up Jmardy!!! Seems like a good spot! So this got rid of the lean surge at part throttle? Mine does it between 4-6K but if you roll on the gas it's gone (goes into open loop). If this device gets rid of that surge I will fall in love with this bike cause the lean surge drives me a bit nuts, lol.
Yep! So far that's my experience. Mine was doing the same thing. Also easier to take off from a stop. :smile2:

Reactions: CRFan1

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well....I decided I am sending my ECU into Rexxer for a re-flash.....stay tuned. Should be back in business by next weekend I hope. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well....I decided I am sending my ECU into Rexxer for a re-flash.....stay tuned. Should be back in business by next weekend I hope. :)

I have the Rexxer reflash. Did nothing for the lean surge. Improved the bike everywhere else though. I had to send it back to my dealer twice but the lean surge was never completely eliminated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have the Rexxer reflash. Did nothing for the lean surge. Improved the bike everywhere else though. I had to send it back to my dealer twice but the lean surge was never completely eliminated

Did you have him turn off the 02 sensors?

·
Registered
230 Posts
As far as I am told by my dealer

Hmmm...The rexxer flash can disable the 02 sensors and they have to be unplugged (I am requesting that). That alone should eliminate the lean surging (mine is between 4-6K RPM) as it will be running richer and there are no O2's trying to correct. Seems you have something else going on and possibly a vacuum leak somewhere?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So after two weeks or so I'm still not completely happy with fueling. There are two pots on the unit, one for mixture and one "setting". Mixture has been on full rich.
I thought, what the hell, I'll play with the other one. The led is supposed to be solid until the sensors warm up and then it supposed to start blinking. Mine, at the recommended setting blinked all the time, even cold. So I turn it until it was solid when cold and went for a ride.
Runs amazing! Was so happy. :) Then the check engine light came on after about 10 miles. Still running fantastic.
If I can figure out how to kill the CEL, I'll turn it back a bit and try again.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thats kind of what worried me about the rapid bike and having it operate correctly. Hope you get it sorted! I decided on the Rexxer mail in ECU flash for 300 bucks. The guy is a bit tough to deal with from a communication standpoint and he won't pick the phone up...ever.....but the flash is very good and I am extremely happy with how the bike runs now. No more surging and it is very snappy on the low end which I love. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts