Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for a motorcycle ramp to load a heavy bike (like my Diavel) onto the bed of my full-size pickup truck? It's a '90 Ford F-250 at stock height. The ramp would mostly be used to get my son's Kawasaki 110 dirt bike into it but I would like to have the flexibility to use it for my SC1K and Diavel for those rare trips to the dealership.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Agree with chuck, I have a single arched aluminum (I don't load large/heavy bikes alone) and it has been working great for me for years. Loaded everything from HD Lowrider S to KTM dirtbike.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I always used a step stool for me and ramp for the bike.
Heaviest I have loaded was a vFR800, which is what about 550 pounds gassed?
A wider ramp would be nicer than a ramp 1 foot wide.

·
Super Moderator
5,306 Posts

Attachments

·
Smut peddler
872 Posts
I have two Better Built 6' folding ramps from tractor supply. I think it was $160-70 for both. They're well built (gotta be, per the name, lol), and I load/ unload all my bikes with ease all by meself. I'm not a fan of driving them up. It's an awkward position to try and clutch it up, jmho. I guess it's like anything else, it's just what you get used to. I take aboot a 35/40" run up to the truck, and it pretty much glides itself right on up with momentum. Took a few tries to figger it out, but now it's second nature.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts