Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone of you guys got experience with a RAM-B-367U mount ball?

i'm thinking anout getting one and finally have a good way to mount my navigation on my bar-less steer of my ST3/4

But...:

there are two options:

1) Original: which has a hard ball, (and firm bolts that one can trust)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RAM-MOUNTS...173733&hash=item21395dd052:g:0~gAAOSwzXpajCE5

2) Chinese version: which has a rubber ball (and bolts oi would need to replace)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302420628867

the price difference isn't the problem here (usually, but not now), so delivery time comes in play (quick is always nicer but i really don't need it quick)
but the main thing is the difference between the hard ball and the rubberball. ofcourse the rubber ball might absorb some vibration. but this might mean it would start moving relative top the top triple, so absolutely more stable.. but relative to me.. vibrating on my bike.. less stable. also when you clamp on rubber.. it seems more prone to movement and therefor changing it's angle / position over time.

so i really don't know whice of the two to go for.

so any shared experience would be highly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks John:

that is all i needed to know really. oke it will be a different version but both will be fine.

if i order now i will recieve tomorrow :) and can use it on my ride to NL on saterday..

much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,677 Posts
I use the RAM ball in your first link. Works perfect.

Reactions: highmiles

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@ SS904: i indeed,

I actually ordered this one,, used it for a 300 km ride and worked fine.

it is hard rubber though. when i dismount the clamp leaves a print (for a short time) so it really doesn't matter.

anyway.. glad to have it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts