Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your Rapidbike quick shifter settings? I been messing around with this for years then yesterday I set it to auto detect which is supposed to optimize quickshifting but its very jerky now. It is very quick to shift and snappy but very jerky.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm following this, as I plan to install the module on my bike when it gets out of the shop (warranty fix, for what I believe is a bad throttle tube.)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went into the settings and files 2 days ago in the master software(it's the free software but they call it "master"). There is a file for the QS on the 939 hyper. My bike is the 821(basically the same bike) and applied that file setting and it feels pretty good. There are some unique features to the RB QS that allow for safer(for the engine ) and quicker shift times. I messed aywoth that over the time I have had the system. The file turns that feature on. The feature has to do with sensing the pressure load and the instance the load peaks and shifts as opposed to the other systems only sensing the lever force throughout the whe shift. That momentary drop in pressure seems to be an important part of the shift. The 939 settings feel good but I'll still play around with settings (partially why I got the RB system...to mess with stuff.lol) but i'm still cuious what others are using for settings.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I feel like the load settings would be a moving target, based on the rider's preference, shift lever length, type of boot, etc.
If the sensor merely looks at "load vs. no load" that would be easier. Then its a matter of selecting the delay time to allow the rider to execute the shift while the ignition and fueling is interrupted, correct?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sure it's a moving target for specific set ups and rider style but they seem to have a base setting. The goal to my post was to see what manipulations others have made. This sensor (from what I understand) not only looks at load vs no load. It looks for ramp up of load, peak point drop off load and no load at all. In one set up screen you can move the lever and watch the sensor bar increase and decrease as you apply increasing pressure. Being able to see that along with the special setting that allows activation of "auto cutoff". Also, notice in the picture the "preload" bar above the circled section. That is the bar that moves with various pressure

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm excited to try this out, I'll post my settings here as I progress.

The last day of the riding season last year, on my first full throttle run of the afternoon, the bike went into limp mode. I put it in storage until last month, and set the dealership on it. Of course they blamed the RBEvo, which I had put a bypass module on just to be safe. The tech wasn't familiar with RapidBike (which should have been my first warning) said he "saw the same thing with a KTM," and so I had to remove all the RB harness (I actually left it, just swapped all the plugs back and removed the TPS splice.) I immediately activated the CEL with a full throttle twist, even when parked. When riding, at the first full throttle, the CEL came on, and the throttle went full digital - like no analog feel, basically 0-10-20-50%. I rode it back to the dealer feathering the clutch like a two-stroke. I took it home, and pulled the twist grip cable and tested the pots/outputs from the twistgrip and found no change to the wiper outputs, even when actuating the throttle. I also found an open circuit to the redundant pot. I highlighted the schematics, included my measurements, and dropped the bike off again with instructions to change the twist grip.
Bike is an '18 939SP with 4600 miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts