Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new ducati owner here... recently picked up a smaller monster... i was wondering if there are any ducati group/club in the raleigh, NC area doing riding sessions... please let me know... i don't know too many good country roads around here... thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
The Tridod guys usend to meet at a gas station right off Airport Blvd @ 40 on Sundays (9am?). Don't know what they are up to nowadays, but you can google for their web site (triangle denizens of doom). Pretty nafarious name for a bunch of computer geeks :rolleyes:

Also on Sundays a group gathers @ Michael's of 15-501 in Chapel Hill (Cole Plaza?)

If you like miles, heading through Mebane, Reidsville, into Martinsville, VA and up to Tuggles Gap in VA, down the parkway to MEadows of Dan, VA and hit 614. Head back into NC for Danburry and come on home. About 350 miles give or take and some really good roads mostly.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just moved from there but there were a bunch of us in the triangle that would get together every so often for rides, food, or maintenance sessions. Most of them hang out on the M-ROC section of ducatimonsterforum.org. Great group.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm in the triangle but haven't found many Duc riders but I do ride with a group ncsportbikes.com and they have from 1-4 rides a week almost every week from mellow to very spirited. There are a handful of Ducati owners in the group.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Here's a bump for this post. Anybody in the Raleigh area? Great new Ducati Mechanic at Mats- came from Charlotte , he has renewed my trust in the store!!!!! Check 'em out!

Raleigh should have a local forum- If you are interested and within xxxx miles - post up !

·
Official Retired Person
7,436 Posts
Here's a bump for this post. Anybody in the Raleigh area? Great new Ducati Mechanic at Mats- came from Charlotte , he has renewed my trust in the store!!!!! Check 'em out!

Raleigh should have a local forum- If you are interested and within xxxx miles - post up !
Been here for 20 years! Maybe time for my once a year stop a Mat's but I never look forward to it! Used to follow the Monster Forum - M-ROC but not much happening there lately. Nice to know there's at least one other Ducati reading and posting!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I live in apex and ride a 2004 ST3. I don't know of any Ducati-only riding groups. Maybe you should start one :)

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
I live in apex and ride a 2004 ST3. I don't know of any Ducati-only riding groups. Maybe you should start one :)
Well met. Maybe we'll shoot for a ride this fall to feel things out. -Just trying to get a feel for how many Forum members are local.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Been here for 20 years! Maybe time for my once a year stop a Mat's but I never look forward to it! Used to follow the Monster Forum - M-ROC but not much happening there lately. Nice to know there's at least one other Ducati reading and posting!
Nice to meet you young fella. The new guy at Mats is an ausi by the name of Rory, he's a character, but a really decent guy and passionate about his work. Unsure about your reasons for not looking forward to your previous appointments.... My impression is that the shop has changed a lot, in a posative way. The only thing wrong with it... is the location!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just stopping by to let ya know there are more Ducati riders in the area than you think.
We've already put in a few miles with 1ch1ban and have gotten together for a few race-viewing parties, but we're always up for a ride or an impromptu get-together. My fiancee and I have 696s, and one of our friends has an S4 RS Tricolore. We also have race parties at our place on Sundays where we grill out, have a few beers and watch the day's racing plus some classic footage.
We're having an end-of-the-season party for the Valencia race on November 6, and - no - you need not be a Ducati rider to come.
Post up if you're interested, and definitely if you're interested in putting a ride together.
I saw on this forum there was a Raleigh Eurobike event in April. Does anyone know who organizes that event and if there are any plans to put an Autumn event together?

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Well met Dave, I def. am interested in getting together with some Ducati enthusiasts, esp. to watch some GP racing. I just saw this thread and am out there door heading to Wilmington, but maybe we can set up something for the winter.
Jeff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts