Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '97 900ss and want to raise the handle bars a couple of inches or so, has any one experience with this and can recommend an approach using after market suppliers. Convertibars, Spelgler LSL bar system, helibars, etc?

John

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just put a set of Helibars on my '92. I must admit I'm not sure about getting a couple of extra inches out of them. I personally have them all the way down on the forks, which still means about 1/2 inch rise over the stock bars in that position (they are also a little further back from the fairing over stock). What I like about them is they are now angled out from the tank a lot more than stock. I could easily raise them some, but I would have to pull them back in towards the tank some to do so. I like the shallower angle, so I think they'll stay as they are.

I also like that the controls no longer hit the tank when I raise it up (even on the side stand, with the bars full lock). Side note: They say these can be installed using the stock cables, but I think they would be tight if you raised them too much. I ended up installing a set of monster cables and now have plenty on slack, even if I do try to raise them. I'm happy, but as they say "your mileage may vary".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.