Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How far have u raised ur forks and/or turned the shock spring collars up to sharpen the hypers steering without getting twitchy handling at speed? I dont want to add a steering dampner, but wouldnt mind adjusting the suspension to tweek the steering 'feel'. I hope that makes sense?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Currently my forks have about 3/8ths of an inch from the top edge of the caps to the top edge of the triple clamp(1/8"" past the groove in the fork tube). The shock spring sits half way on the threads( not the collars, the top of the spring itself).

Where are urs and how do u like it?

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I have 5mm of the tube showing above the triple clamp and it suits me just about right. I tried 10 and it wasn't stable at speed. My rear is 5mm up with the suspension link and I have a different spring so my collars are 2/3 the way up. With proper front suspension work the hyper likes having its tail up a little bit.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have 5mm of the tube showing above the triple clamp and it suits me just about right. I tried 10 and it wasn't stable at speed. My rear is 5mm up with the suspension link and I have a different spring so my collars are 2/3 the way up. With proper front suspension work the hyper likes having its tail up a little bit.
My forks are right about 10mm up and the top of the spring is right in the middle of the threads. Sounds like ur rear is lower and front is higher?? I must be close to some head shake if u didnt like 10mm up front.

I bought mine from the dealer w 800 miles on it. I know they road it at searspoint(infineon raceway) a couple of track days. I havent messed w the suspension settings since i got it...

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
No, the reverse of that, I don't think my explanation was adequate. The front is 5mm lower and the rear is 5mm higher. Bike turns in well now and the changes are not too much that it becomes unstable. That said I have stiffer springs in the forks and on the shock. You might be fine with 10 but I just didn't care for it.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Don't use the preload on the shock to adjust ride height. Use the ride height adjustment link on the linkage or if you have the standard model, buy the linkage that goes on the "S". then you can crank it out to where there is five threads showing.

FTR, I have my forks level with the top of the triple clamp.

Dave

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, the reverse of that, I don't think my explanation was adequate. The front is 5mm lower and the rear is 5mm higher. Bike turns in well now and the changes are not too much that it becomes unstable. That said I have stiffer springs in the forks and on the shock. You might be fine with 10 but I just didn't care for it.
Ohhhh, makes sense now.

My bike seems to wallow in the turns and the rear seems to need more rebound dampening in addition to the quicker steering i wanted. Have u guys messed w ur comp/rebound adjustments much from factory settings?

Unfortunately, I suddenly have that idle issue everyone dreads so its going to a shop for a tps reset and ecu tuning w a gas analyzer(whatever u call it) to get the engine dialed now that i changed the intake(pods) exhaust (stubby twobros slipon) and ecu( dp performance ...308b). The guy that runs the shop was the former modesto ducati head mechanic who set my bike up before i bought it as a dealer demo/ track day machine. Hopefully he can tell me what he did w the suspension settings(if anything). Right now the idle issue makes it a real PITA to enjoy riding(and mess w suspension settings). It dies at every stop unless u get on the throttle. It sucks to blip the throttle with two fingers squeezing the brake lever...or creeping around a parking lot in first gear at low rpms and it dies and locks up the rear tire...:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts