Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the '06 ST3. It looks as if the bar mounts can be installed on the downtubes - on top of the triple tree. Is this correct. Thanks.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Just got the '06 ST3. It looks as if the bar mounts can be installed on the downtubes - on top of the triple tree. Is this correct. Thanks.
No, not unless the fork tubes have been drastically raised. Normally, there is just a few mm of tube above the triple clamp. The best option is to get a set of risers such as the Heli-bars.

·
Registered
88 Posts
the other option would to take a look at convertibars.com. they go under the triple clamp and they give variable height adjustment. I have them on my Multistada and they work great for me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have helibars and I'm very happy with them. :D

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I have the HeliBars as well and they make a world of difference. Another option that has recently become available are risers from Swatt.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What does Ducati mean by "height adjustable" bars?

I've seen many references to "height adjustable" bars on the '06 ST3. None is described in the owner's manual or other docs provided with the bike.
Thanks, ****

·
Registered
688 Posts
You can raise them up and down on the fork tubes about ten millimeters. They come stock with them up all the way. Loosen the two pinch bolts and you can move them. I've gotten used to the stock position - up all the way, but without risers. About the only time I'd like a little more height is when I'm stuck in traffic. On the highway, (where the ST3 really shines,) the bars are right for me. At 70mph and above there's a zero-gravity feeling where the oncoming wind takes all the weight off my shoulders. Also, a little build-up of the abdominal muscles helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts