Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so its not like I am looking to riding in the rain, but if by chance I get stuck in the rain I want a good rain suit. Anyone have any brands that they think are good?

Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are nice, and relatively cheap, thanks

·
Registered
366 Posts
Us'n the "toggs. Though the road toad packed is still a pretty large bag and takes up most of my tank bag when I carry it. The other suits are thinner material (less durable) but pack smaller.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Although I have 1-pc, I often wear my textile Ducati jacket which is waterproof and just pack some rain pants. Saves a little room.

·
Registered
511 Posts
You've got to be kidding. 99% of the people on this site won't ride their Ducati in the rain. They will call their Chauffer to come get them in the van.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I ride rain or shine

·
Still needs a life.
12,618 Posts
If you won't ride in the rain up here, you have a very low mileage bike.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I ride rain or shine

Me too.

I just got a Triumph Chevron oversuit which seems fairly waterproof so far. Haven't had the pleasure of riding in it for any length of time in heavy rain so can't vouch for it fully yet.
It's got a slightly weird zipper system.
You put your arms in the sleeves first then two long zips do up from the ankles first. A bit hard to explain but it avoids that feeling of "I'm gunna tear the arse out of this thing pulling it on quickly" once you get the hang of it..

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unfortunately for me my chauffeur got deported last month... :rolleyes:

My Duc is the only form of transportation that is available to me on a daily basis, so I ride basically all the time. Just looking to see whats out there, thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
You've got to be kidding. 99% of the people on this site won't ride their Ducati in the rain. They will call their Chauffer to come get them in the van.
That's funny. I've cranked the BRP in the rain faster than I've done in the dry. It's a long story.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My Dainese textile Jacket is waterproof so I carry Pants, overmitts and wear waterproof boots, keeps the space used small.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Just get something cheap and easy to carry unless you plan on riding "rain or shine" intentionally. My 2 cents.:)

·
Buzzing the tower
996 Posts
Decent "stuck in a sudden shower" rainsuits can be found at most golf shops, like GolfSmith and the like. Not for the hard-core, ride-in-anything type riding, but they do really well in a pinch and usually have a carry pouch, etc. and are not very expensive. $30-40 usually...

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I would like to revive this old thread and get some answers for some proper rain gear. I would like to get some other rider's experiences regarding this matter. I ride a 2002 900SS and so the position is pretty aggressive. I would like to enjoy my bike through the rain and cold weather. I wanted to get some gear to protect me from the elements. I've done some research and here are my thoughts so far...

1. Frogg Toggs has a good kit that can easily be stowed away in a backpack or my tank/tail bag. The only issue I hear from them are that they react very badly to heat. There is a LOT of heat that my bikes throws out and I would be VERY upset if it melts onto my nice leathers underneath. They also have a ton of different models, but I don't see much differences in features between them.

Frogg Toggs Cruisin Toggs Rain Suit - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

2. I could do a rain jacket and rain pants from Alpinestars or Dainese (my two favorite brands so far) and just use them for rainy days. The only issue with this is that the cost will be significantly higher. That means that I would have to have two sets of gear for rain and dry. I'll probably have to think about a 3 season kit. Or, I could just get a decent jacket and then get a competent waterproof overpant.

3. I could do something like the Tour Master Defender Two-Piece Rainsuit. I think this is a very well rated product, easy to put on but not as compact to store.

Tour Master Defender Two-Piece Rainsuit - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
I have had a lot of different rain suits in 35 yrs. of riding. Most of them have been at least "good" although some have been better than good. My favorites are the Frogg Toggs I just bought this year.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I have had a lot of different rain suits in 35 yrs. of riding. Most of them have been at least "good" although some have been better than good. My favorites are the Frogg Toggs I just bought this year.
I ordered the Tourmaster suit yesterday. What is it that you like about the Frogg Toggs? Also, which specific one did you get? Have you used it much? Do you feel that there is any issues from the heat that comes from the engine on it from you supersport? Inquiring minds and all that... :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts