Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions for rain gear, what brands have you tried and what works best for you. Looking for jacket and pants, boots I have are waterproof. Don't think I would like a full rain suit, but haven't ever tried one on either.

Thanks
Wade

·
Hammer Down
2020 Multistrada 1260 S Touring
1,823 Posts
I've got some over pants from Olympia that I've yet to wear and a jacket from REV'IT! that has kept me dry on occassion. I also have some REV'IT! winter riding pants that have a hydratex liner that has kept me good and dry.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
I've used a 2-pc Frogg Toggs rain suit to good effect. Packs fairly small and works well.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'll second the Olympia overpants. I have the Olympia Horizon Pants and New Horizon jacket. Both have kept me dry numerous. After hours of riding in a downpour, you will get a wet seat eventually. I ride pretty much every day, rain or shine and the Olympia stuff has been great. The pants have nomex heat guards on the inside legs so you don't melt your drawers.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I purchased waterproofs for a tour last year, 6,000 kms and the only rain I got was in England and Isle of Man. When it rained, it rained and I kept dry. I would highly recommend HELD waterproofs they are made in Germany and are high quality, not cheap but they work.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Believe it or not ... the best rain suit I have is a Harley-Davidson GoreTex suit.

Always keeps me dry, easy to get into, and i have never melted any of it, no matter which steed I am on.

The rubberized seat that keeps me planted is just a bonus.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I wear my Aerostich year round, except during the hottest days of summer. Always stay dry. As for hands & feet: Held gloves & Daytona boots.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I’m using the BMW “banana suit”.
I have a RE'VIT Cayanne Pro 2 piece suit, but waterproofing was never fail-safe. I decided not worth the permanent extra layer, so ditched the “waterproof” liner, and don the banana suit when necessary. It’s great. (I did block out the Motorrad logo!)

- Michael

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
It never rains in Southern California, but girl don't they warn ya, it pours, man it pours...

When it pours, the bike stays in the garage. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Any suggestions for rain gear, what brands have you tried and what works best for you. Looking for jacket and pants, boots I have are waterproof. Don't think I would like a full rain suit, but haven't ever tried one on either.

Thanks
Wade
I have a Nelson Rigg rain jacket and pants that I've worn on occasion. They work, and you'll stay dry. Had a full suit once. Won't make that mistake again. It was an earlier suit mind, but it didn't breath at all. Vapor from my body heat inside, and the rain outside just built up on the inside of the suit. I was just as wet when I got to work as I would have been had I just ridden without the suit. That's why I got the 2 piece.

Frogg Togs are good too. Have a set of those too. My wife absconded with them though. I know from Indy MotoGP 2008, they held up fine for her in hurricane level rain. They pack down small enough to keep under the seat of a GSXR 600. You know....for emergencies......sean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts