Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the posts about the rocks going through and all that really had me freaked out. I wanted to buy the custom guards but thought they were pretty expensive. I decided to give it a go myself. I figured I couldn't screw it up to bad and the worst that could happen was I would have to drop the cash for the brand name ones. I remembered I had a washable/reusable furnace filter in my basement (It came with the house.) The screen material is thick and pretty sturdy. Since I never used it for the furnace, I decided that it would be my guard material. A little measuring, a little grinding, and some cable tubing I had laying around equaled a usable guard. Much to my surprise it seemed to work! A few little zip ties and I consider it done. I haven't taken it for a test drive yet, but I think they are there to stay. They don't look as good as the ones you can buy, but they look as good as the ones I can afford.:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Nice! I did one like it using the alum. gutter screens that Lowes carries. I made them because race body work does not come with screens for the 999. This one is the tail but I did the ram ducts and oil cooler too. The fiberglass is dry but looks wet.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well, you can obv afford the store-bought ones since you bought a $15k+ bike.

Admit it. You just wanted to make them yourself, which is great. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts