Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

The SF radiator locate in a very low position on the bike – so I think using a radiator guard net will be a good idea.

I saw several models on Ebay, some cost risible price and some expansive – but all looks ugly or only o.k, so I need you advise guys

Till now I saw:

Evotech– looks only O.K but cost more than 200$ before shipment

R&G – looks o.k – will cost about 150$ before shipment

Unknown – cost 100$ but it’s not even rounded like the shape of the radiator
LC Radiator Guard Aluminium Alloy All Ducati Streetfighter | eBay

Unknown - And I saw this set on ebay – the price its low, net looks o.k and will look good on black color (not this ugly gold)… but look on the edge of the net – what is that ugly rubber ??
Ducati Streetfighter Radiator Protective Grille | eBay

any suggestion for other manufactures ? (not need to be ebay's)

thanks ;)

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have the Evotech upper and lower and I'm happy with them.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Definitely a good idea. Even if you never have a rock put a hole in your radiator, you will notice the fins right behind the wheel start to bend flat over time.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I've had cox since she was a few months old. Even driving city streets I noticed the bottom fins getting bent. So I thought it was cheep insurance.
Some people don't like the zip ties. But they've held up very well in 4 years and 13k miles. The Zips don't bother me because there a few other places that are zipped from the factory.

Good luck in what ever you get.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Evotech lower radiator guard here. Maybe not the cheapest one, but a quality piece of kit: fits really well, easy to install (and clean) and looks good.

Reactions: uri

·
Registered
80 Posts
Another vote for RAD GUARD. Had mine on there for two years now. Looks good and works great

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Cox

I was pretty iffy on them at first because the Cox folk will ask you to use zip ties to secure it to your SF. I thought thats a bunch of bullshit for 150 ish bucs or whatever it was. Maybe more... They are top quality though and go on well. As long as you're not a puss with the zip ties and secure them on very tightly, you won't even notice the zip ties after a few days. Black zip ties just disappear into the rest of the black on the bike. Besides, zip ties are everywhere on that bike too so whatevs.
I like them. Evotech look good too though.

Attachments

Reactions: uri

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've had cox since she was a few months old. Even driving city streets I noticed the bottom fins getting bent. So I thought it was cheep insurance.
Some people don't like the zip ties. But they've held up very well in 4 years and 13k miles. The Zips don't bother me because there a few other places that are zipped from the factory.

Good luck in what ever you get.
I use cox, but tied them up with safety wires

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
With Evotech they are built beefier than most right?

the expanded metal screen ones will stop the minor rocks from denting the fins.
What level of protection do you want?
I went with Evotech and their stronger mesh...
Watch the, Harbor Freight zip ties. they are useless & break easily.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I went with Evotech. Really high-quality pieces. Got them immediately after purchasing my bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also went with Evo Tech. Definitely the best looking out of all the brands I looked at. Now I just got to mount the bottom guard and I'm set lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
cox on mine.

I wasnt particularly happy with them. The fit required some prying and some of the finish came off. I just rattle canned it black again. Not a huge issue. They will do the job but if I need to replace it some day, Ill buy a different brand.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts