Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did the fan upgrade but in order for me to get the fan off I had to remove one of the radiator hoses. So of course I lost all my fluid. So after all was done I had one bottle of engine ice. So poured it in NOT enough. So my question is all the shops are closed till tue and I want to ride tomorrow if I add water will it be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
432 Posts
I just did the fan upgrade but in order for me to get the fan off I had to remove one of the radiator hoses. So of course I lost all my fluid. So after all was done I had one bottle of engine ice. So poured it in NOT enough. So my question is all the shops are closed till tue and I want to ride tomorrow if I add water will it be ok.
Use de-ionized or distilled water, and you'll be fine. Distilled is easy to find. De-ionized, not so much.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
distilled water and bottled water are different. You want to use distilled water if you can because it has the minerals filtered out. The world won't come to an end if you DON'T use distilled water. You wont get potential mineral deposits in the engine. Use what you can get. Groceries sell distilled water in gallon jugs very cheap and it's in the bottled water section

What Is The Difference Between Distilled, Purified, Mineral, Well, And Spring Water?

Distilled water like bottle water.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I use the Evans coolant in my water cooled bikes to include the 999S. Just go to the web and read the info. Have a friend with a LS1 powered sand rail and solved his heating problems. Lots of pluses. Also used it in a turbo charged experimental aircraft engine. Don't care to get in a contest over it just an FYI for you. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.