Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to see what yous all think of this.

76 m.m.and 4 piston diameter 25.
It is necessary to change the brake line
Other wise it's bolt on.
MSRP is €574 EURO approx $866 USD plus Shipping from italy
Thinking of putting a group buy if there is enough interest with a considerable discount.
So Let me know if a group buy would be worth the effort.

Thanx
JC

·
Banned
71 Posts
before you drop that much money on that thing consider if you even use your rear brake enough for that to be worth it... i barely ever even use mine

·
Registered
290 Posts
look trick. dont really see the point. the stock rear works just fine.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Kinda interested, as I use my rear brake a lot, just a couple of questions though,
how much are the replacement brake pads? where will you find them? how FAST can you get them? Aloha Alex

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sure looks nice, but not much lighter and not used all that much anyways...

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Aren't all rear brakes radial?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Kinda interested, as I use my rear brake a lot, just a couple of questions though,
how much are the replacement brake pads? where will you find them? how FAST can you get them? Aloha Alex
and, how quickly can alex warp the rotor with them? :think: :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
About a week or two.
The brake pads are usually are same replacements for Brembo. I can find out exactly which pads. I have a set of Discacciati Calipers and the pads were easy to find.

I know many people don't use rear brakes.
But
These were designed for racing and are supposed to be stronger.
and
It really is more for Bling for the street people, unless you are like Alex or Stoner that utilizes the rear brake alot for turns ;)
and
For those that do not read through
I said I can get a considerable discount. :rolleyes:
The MSRP is a guideline;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Very cool, though I thought racing rear brake brackets were supposed to float, with an anchor on the frame for the benefit of suspension control through actuation. Those calipers are BA.

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
JC, it looks like the whole peg on those rearsets. Is that an optical illusion or really the case?

As for the rear brake setup I think it's great for guys who ride like animals ... err ... ride like assholes ... err ... ride like Alex. :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know what you mean by Whole Peg?

JC, it looks like the whole peg on those rearsets. Is that an optical illusion or really the case?

As for the rear brake setup I think it's great for guys who ride like animals ... err ... ride like assholes ... err ... ride like Alex. :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts