Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was hoping the double bubble would add a little more space over the dash then it did so my org mount idea is out.. Anyone have a radar mount on their supersport? I'm running the 9500i in the car and would love to run it on the bike for those long trips up and down the 5 freeway and I would prob end up running it on the street as well.. I like the H.A.R.D system for the helmet but still need to place the detector somewhere.

Not crazy about the tank mount. Anyone run a fairing mount on the right side? Prob cover some of the tach but I think hitting 9-10k would be a bad idea anyways :)

Brainstorms anyone?

Please no reasons to not run a detector. I've been sold on using them since 2000.

·
Registered
157 Posts
hey there...

yup, i am a sworn believer in detectors too! i use a screamer on the duc. i bought a mount off ebay called a slipstreamer, and it was pretty cheap. you will need the 7/8" clamp. it will barely catch the end of the bar on the inside of the clip on, but it will tighten and stay on. i have had mine on all summer, with no probs.

looking down from the riding position, i can read the top 3/4's of the gauges, which is fine by me. although it makes hitting the odometer buttons a bit of a pain.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have one...................

.........on my ST but think it would work on the SS. At the time I bought it, it was made by Stem Stand. I think they were bought out by Tech Mount. I think there are a few places to find one- www.Cyclegadgets.com, www.motorcycleradar.com are 2 off the top of my head.
Gregg

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Two possible problems here. The smoked windshields.

For sure the smoke will obscure any laser alerts.

If the smoke is at all metalic it will attenuate the radar signal the detector is trying to see and delay its alert. This is now a common problem in newer cars with most any sort of factory tint.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rader defection could be a prob but laser is a mute point.. The only time I have ever got a laser alert is when it was pointed right at me and by the time my detector let me know the cop knew my speed so laser is more of a "your getting pulled over" alert but not many cops use it as much here.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
radar

It's all about the trigger on the gun the cop is holding!! Like a switch once they flip it on your busted. I haven't had any problems here in MI with my $100 Radar Det and $5 mount!:D Most of my speeding is on the Track these days, one ticket is one day at the Track!!:think:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's all about the trigger on the gun the cop is holding!! Like a switch once they flip it on your busted. I haven't had any problems here in MI with my $100 Radar Det and $5 mount!:D Most of my speeding is on the Track these days, one ticket is one day at the Track!!:think:
So true Curve.. We say that all the time in my car club and on the forum mostly about racing. Soccer mom doesn't know your racing.

Speed is the same.. I will admit I do 50 in 40s and 80 on the freeway I do 80 and somethings 90 in the diamond lane. I like the detector more cause it helps keep me honest. I have it so might as well use it...

Thanks for the advise all...

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
So true Curve.. We say that all the time in my car club and on the forum mostly about racing. Soccer mom doesn't know your racing.

Speed is the same.. I will admit I do 50 in 40s and 80 on the freeway I do 80 and somethings 90 in the diamond lane. I like the detector more cause it helps keep me honest. I have it so might as well use it...

Thanks for the advise all...
How can you Speed in Cal in the city? lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know I know.. But I only do it when the streets have no turnouts. Where I live I have loooooooonnnnngggggg stretches of road with zero RIGHT turns only bends. Otherwise it's rider on your own, look out they are all out to get your...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ahh you guys are lucky detectors are illegal, over this side of the pond, but we can have gps warning devices telling us, that we are in an area where the police might be.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Humm.. How much of the tach is covered when you have the rady on that side? That mount may do the trick!

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Honest

They do keep you honest! Keep yourself out of the path of his Gun will better your odd's!! Stay out of the Hammer lane......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts