Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nearest dealer has no update on the software or hardware to get the adaptive cruise installed. Yet I've read and heard about guys getting it done. I'm getting ready to do a long fun trip along the ocean and having the cruise updated would be nice. Does anyone know of any rhyme or reason for how this is rolling out to dealers? Is it the al dente algorithm? Sorry I just have to take Italian shots. I'm weak willed.

·
Registered
477 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Italian mushroom club. Keep us in the dark and pile on the sh##.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Welcome to the Italian mushroom club. Keep us in the dark and pile on the sh##.
Well I mean.... there's a lot to unpack from your original post, but that thread (which I guess you've read?) has everyone's experience about ACC so far, and that's about the extent of info anyone has?

Who is your dealer?
Why do they not have any updates on it?
Why aren't they talking to Ducati NA to get info?
Did your service dept. purchase the bike jig setup required to calibrate bikes?

Ducati put out a huge announcement & marketing push for ACC / BSM being available in the US as of 7/1 and that it's an upsell accessory, so if your dealer has no info, they should light a fire under their own a$$es to find out.

Pardon my cynicism, but after having to discover difference between the two TPMS sensor part numbers myself (someone here helpfully pointed out, 1's for cast, 1's for spoked), and my dealer can't tell me if the bike (V4S Sport fully loaded) actually came from the factory with the TPMS sensors installed (from what I can tell from the valve stems on mine compared w. pics, I believe they are) - I'm not holding my breath for any confidence or credibility at this point to get anything done right regarding ACC or BSM enablement. As far as I know they haven't even purchased the calibration jig.
Sorry everybody - I'll wait til y'all figure this sh!t out and then it's handled like clockwork. This is sh!t c*nt amateur hour cluster f*ck stuff right now, for a $26k motorcycle. Good work.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I mean.... there's a lot to unpack from your original post, but that thread (which I guess you've read?) has everyone's experience about ACC so far, and that's about the extent of info anyone has?

Who is your dealer?
Why do they not have any updates on it?
Why aren't they talking to Ducati NA to get info?
Did your service dept. purchase the bike jig setup required to calibrate bikes?

Ducati put out a huge announcement & marketing push for ACC / BSM being available in the US as of 7/1 and that it's an upsell accessory, so if your dealer has no info, they should light a fire under their own a$$es to find out.

Pardon my cynicism, but after having to discover difference between the two TPMS sensor part numbers myself (someone here helpfully pointed out, 1's for cast, 1's for spoked), and my dealer can't tell me if the bike (V4S Sport fully loaded) actually came from the factory with the TPMS sensors installed (from what I can tell from the valve stems on mine compared w. pics, I believe they are) - I'm not holding my breath for any confidence or credibility at this point to get anything done right regarding ACC or BSM enablement. As far as I know they haven't even purchased the calibration jig.
Sorry everybody - I'll wait til y'all figure this sh!t out and then it's handled like clockwork. This is sh!t c*nt amateur hour cluster f*ck stuff right now, for a $26k motorcycle. Good work.
Couldn't agree more. They have dropped the ball badly still it's one hell of a bike. I got a scratch on my color accent panel on my pannier. There are two different panels. What????? Of course they got it wrong because who could guess there are two????? Not the dealers fault. Ducati get your heads out of the pasta. $28K should get me some consideration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts