Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
just get any name brand coolant that is universal (most of them, anyway). unless you're worried about nearby animals AND you spilling standard ethylene glycol based coolant, don't bother with propylene types. more money, lower heat transfer efficiency.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Ask the shop what else they recommend for coolant since you aren't racing it. Do they suggest slicks when you need new tires?

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Performance Friction makes brake pads. This is not made by them. The 'friction' bit was a mistake.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks

Thanks everyone for the feedback. My 2010 wants to get hot, and I heard it boiling with the fans on last week, so I was interested in their recommendation as they do performance oriented work on many different types of bikes.

I purchased 2L (Dealer only had two) of the Ducati coolant, but need 3 for a full change. If the dealer can't get one before mid week, I will likely go with their recommendation. Cost isn't any more than the Ducati Branded Coolant.

I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything as I am new to these bikes, and their requirements.

Joe

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I would like to find coolant that doesn't freeze while being acceptable for the track.
As it stands, my local track requires water with perhaps some additives such as Water Wetter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts