Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the low seat but am considering the race seat. Is it worth it? And is the seat height difference going to be significant?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
It was very worth it to me. Not a bucket like the stock and hyperstrada seats. Flatter, so easier to move around on the seat and yes it is taller. About 1/2-3/4 of an inch?
I have a 34 inseam so helpful for me on my SP

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was very worth it to me. Not a bucket like he stock and hyperstrada seats so easier to move around on the seat and yes it is taller. About 1/2-3/4 of an inch?

I have a 34 inseam. Also have custom pegs that are lower without impacting ground clearance.

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
946 Posts
I also have the race seat. Beware of quality control issues - it took going through 2 seats until I received a good one on the 3rd try. The thing was stitched unevenly, and the red stitching was pulling out even when brand new.

But now I love it. It doesn't lock you into a position and is how the bike should have been to begin with. The foam is very hard - keep that in mind. It's called a race seat for a reason. I would highly recommend it over the stock SP seat.

Regarding the height - yes, it's pretty insane.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also have the race seat. Beware of quality control issues - it took going through 2 seats until I received a good one on the 3rd try. The thing was stitched unevenly, and the red stitching was pulling out even when brand new.

But now I love it. It doesn't lock you into a position and is how the bike should have been to begin with. The foam is very hard - keep that in mind. It's called a race seat for a reason. I would highly recommend it over the stock SP seat.

I'll make sure to look it over before I purchase, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts