Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten hooked on Motogp in the last 3 years. Anyway, I have a question about something that happened in the Moto2 race at Le Mans. About 1/2 way through the race #5 Johann Zarco was passing #8 Gino Rea on a sweeping right hander. Johann passed on the inside and his rear wheel clipped the front wheel area of Gino. Gino goes down and jumps up shaking his fist.

My question is this: I don't think what Johann did was wrong. He was ahead (by a 1/2 bike) of Gino when contact was made. I think Gino should have changed his line.

Am I wrong? :confused:

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts
I've gotten hooked on Motogp in the last 3 years. Anyway, I have a question about something that happened in the Moto2 race at Le Mans. About 1/2 way through the race #5 Johann Zarco was passing #8 Gino Rea on a sweeping right hander. Johann passed on the inside and his rear wheel clipped the front wheel area of Gino. Gino goes down and jumps up shaking his fist.

My question is this: I don't think what Johann did was wrong. He was ahead (by a 1/2 bike) of Gino when contact was made. I think Gino should have changed his line.

Am I wrong? :confused:
I just saw that today. He was just pissed cause he crashed. The lead bike had the line and race bike don't have rear view mirrors. I see it as tough titties. :)

·
I have a button.. BITCHES!
8,971 Posts
Yep. Just regular ol racing. I'd have done the same thing. The dude shaking His fist had a point, but, that's just the way it goes.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,654 Posts
Many branches of motorsport don't tolerate fist waving and such behavior.
When I was a young bloke I shook a fist at someone who did a full lap under yellow and then rammed two stationary crashed sprint cars (one of them me) I got a stewards warning for unsportsman like behaviour.
Sometimes it's hard to be a sportsman though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts