Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm looking to get a dedicated 999 track bike. What's the skinny on racing wiring harnesses? If found a salvage 2004 999, but it doesn't have any keys and the ecu is missing. I've been searching for a while now and I can't seem to find the info I need. ECU's are easy enough to find, but where do I find a proper keyless ignition setup?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for heads up.

One more question, if I pick up an ecu and ignition complete with keys am I also going to need the matching speedo?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
You can always just get a Mictrotec or Nemesis ECU that eliminates the Immobilizer; then run a toggle switch. You don't really need the race harness. If you add up the cost of a used ECU, cost to re-flash, keys/lock set, race harness; then you are at/near the cost of the Nemesis/Microtec

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was also thinking of talking to Tomtom @ hypertrick about working some ecu voodoo for me.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Full race harnesses will have connectors on them you'll probably never use. So buying one isn't really necessary. You can easily cut off the lighting wires and short out things like the kickstand. I removed my harness and cut it up cleanly and taped the remains up, so I wouldn't have a problem later. It really doesn't save weight, but it saves on how many bloody wires are hanging around!

In terms of ignition, what was said above is what I recommend; Nemesis or microtec ECU and a manual on/off switch. I also recommend picking up a old-school ignition button and kill switch. The version on the 916 is perfect and fits much better on the left side (where most racers put it). There is also a "double kill" version available, so you've got kill switches on both bar's. I have not seen one for sale, but I've seen bikes with them.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts