Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am a goof and bought a racing sheild for my helmet by mistake.

My question is if using a shield that was designed for race track on the street is an unwise thing to do?

Thanks in advance for your response.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
I fail to see that there should be an issue here.. Just use it!

//amullo

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The darn package says "Not For Street Use!" So I am wondering how big of a deal it really is to use it on the street.

I will still use it on the street. That sucker was too expensive to let it sit in my garage.

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
Before you get hammered by the usuals for asking a question that speaks to the Newb generation, or before you get 'NARWAL'd', you should go ahead and install the shield and use it as you like on the street. Also, go ahead and tear off those tags on your pillows and mattress, it's safe now.:D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well...I might was well not bother to check my posts on mattress.ms and pillows.ms then. :)

Thanks for you input.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Out of curiosity, what helmet and face shield are you using? I've never seen one that says "not for street use" on it.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Maybe it's a welding helmet. :cool:

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I bought one too by accident...no biggie...you can actually remove the tear-off posts and put some clear tape over them if they bother you. Otherwise grab some tear-offs and wear it during bug season. Man, I must have had a millions little nats stuck to my shield the other night..then their little sticky guts get air dried to consistency of concrete and you can't get them off!:D

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
I find using tear offs on the road very handy during the season when the bugs are really bad. But it gets expensive.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
If you bought a helmet that can be used by snomobilers then that visor is not appropriate for road use. O/w I got the last 2 true racing sheilds made by Arai, pure unobtainium now, and safe for the street.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
So its back to being a welders helmet? That would be too dark IMHO..

Unless your followed by a cop.. Then you could in earnest say you didn´t see his lights.

Think about it..
:D

//amullo

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK. Its a Shark RSI helmet and I bought the race shield from Motorcycle-Superstore. I wanted a tinted visor so I bought the one I liked without any knowledge at all that they made "race only" visors.

Apparently its not shatter proof.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I find using tear offs on the road very handy during the season when the bugs are really bad. But it gets expensive.
Perfect for touring! Means I dont have to carry any cleaner around and I can get a fresh clean view in seconds!

*I wouldn't be throwing them over my shoulder on the highway though!*

Dana

1 - 20 of 21 Posts