Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Race gas?

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Suigeneris 
#1 ·
No more cat, so I was curious to see if any one uses/blends race gas in the hyper? cali gas is a weak 91, and the bike is recommended at 95 octane. Can it hurt anything like fuel lines, etc?

#7 ·
I've used VP Racing's "VP Import" (120 octane) and Elf's "ELF Moto 4T-2M" (116 octane) in my TurboMonster and in my 748R.

There is an advantage, but at a price. Oxygenated fuel will advance the corrosion all metal, dry out rubber and plastic and extra heat into the heads and oil. On most stock bikes the fuel will destroy the fuel injectors over time. The manufactures of the fuel don't recommend it for street bikes. After racing I always drained to left over fuel and rinsed the tank/fuel system with pump gas.

I haven't been able to get "Oxygenated fuel" approval for using in the stock HyperMotard tank. I've contact VP Racing and multiple Ducati dealers. I differently would leave it in the tank more then a few hours.

I honestly don't see any real benefit on the stock motor. Unless your hearing cylinder rattle the octane level is more then likely high enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.