Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No more cat, so I was curious to see if any one uses/blends race gas in the hyper? cali gas is a weak 91, and the bike is recommended at 95 octane. Can it hurt anything like fuel lines, etc?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the conversion, that was throwing me off. Better to save the $$ anyway.

·
Registered
290 Posts
mmmm, race gas smells so good after being coverted to exhaust.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
91 is more than enough but i sometimes mix aviation 100 or use all 100 since i live here on an airpark and its only 3.00 bucks a gallon for members.

·
Registered
269 Posts
No more cat, so I was curious to see if any one uses/blends race gas in the hyper? cali gas is a weak 91, and the bike is recommended at 95 octane. Can it hurt anything like fuel lines, etc?
I've used VP Racing's "VP Import" (120 octane) and Elf's "ELF Moto 4T-2M" (116 octane) in my TurboMonster and in my 748R.

There is an advantage, but at a price. Oxygenated fuel will advance the corrosion all metal, dry out rubber and plastic and extra heat into the heads and oil. On most stock bikes the fuel will destroy the fuel injectors over time. The manufactures of the fuel don't recommend it for street bikes. After racing I always drained to left over fuel and rinsed the tank/fuel system with pump gas.

I haven't been able to get "Oxygenated fuel" approval for using in the stock HyperMotard tank. I've contact VP Racing and multiple Ducati dealers. I differently would leave it in the tank more then a few hours.

I honestly don't see any real benefit on the stock motor. Unless your hearing cylinder rattle the octane level is more then likely high enough.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
91 is more than enough but i sometimes mix aviation 100 or use all 100 since i live here on an airpark and its only 3.00 bucks a gallon for members.
I have access to aviation fuel too, great stuff with stabilizers and lead. I use it in my '67 Alfa. Maybe a blend would be worth a try...

·
Registered
137 Posts
There is a gas station by my house that sells everything up to 110. But, anything over 100 octane in the hyper is just burning good gas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts