Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I’m thinking of replacing them with the CRG Hindsight LS bar end mirrors. Any other good options?
With the CRG mirrors, how are you guys mounting them? CRG recommends moving the grips in 3/8” if possible and does not recommend using their bar end adaptors unless there is no other option. What’s wrong with using their adaptors?
I’ve also thought about having the bar weights that are now on the bike machined down to accept the mirror clamp. Has anyone tried this?
Bike is a Monster 696 by the way.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have the same mirrors, with the mounts that CRG supplies, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the adapters, I love them to death!:D

·
Registered
267 Posts
I too use the adapters and have used them a number of bikes without a problem. Just remember to not over tighten the bolt as the machined nut/adapter is aluminum. I usually put a little blue loctite (removable) on to ensure it doesn't loosen up.

My other favorites are the Rizoma Prototype Naked. They look better in my opinion, but do not offer as good of a rear view as the CRGs. I just picked up a set and I'm trying to decide which set I'll keep (one set will be up for sale soon).

Not my bike:

Not my bike, but they do flow very well with the 696/1100 dash:

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
PAK Bikes and Motowheels have both offered the Oberon mirrors, though I just checked PAK Bikes' site and they no longer seem to list them. Here is a link to the Motowheels listing:

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/mySearchResult.cfm?parentcategoryid=&productID=6190&showDetail=1&categoryID=608|Mirrors&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=oberon%20mirrors&collection=

They also offer bar-end turtn signals that you could use with these mirrors, and they look pretty slick.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the inputs
Hey Jason let me know which ones you decide to sell, I may be interested

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks for all the inputs
Hey Jason let me know which ones you decide to sell, I may be interested

Will do. I most likely will sell the Rizomas since I do so much commuting with the Monster. I don't like having to look down & move my head as much to check the mirrors compared to the Rizomas, but they do offer a better view for congested traffic.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
I've used the CRG's on four different Ducatis and they are an excellent product. I must say, however, that when I had a problem with the last mirror I bought the CRG rep basically told me to take a hike. I won't be supporting them anymore.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just ordered a CRG Blindsight mirrors/Rhinomoto bar end slider combo kit from Motowheels. Got a discount when you join as a Motowheels member.

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=853%7CMisc%2E%20Parts%3A%20Italian&productID=6419&showDetail=1&categoryID=858|Ducati%20Monster%20Misc&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

Was hoping to get them this week (i'm impatient) for Trackfest but couldn't justify the $61 overnight shipping fee.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blind vs Hind

Does the Blindsight 2" mirror give enough field of view behind you, or is the 3" Hindsight a better choice?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Does the Blindsight 2" mirror give enough field of view behind you, or is the 3" Hindsight a better choice?
To be honest, the blindsights at 2" are very small. You can see things behind you, but everything looks really tiny. So it's hard to pick out what kind of vehicle it is (cop or not), although they're more than adequte to just see objects/vehicles around/behind you for changing lanes purposes, and what not.

That being said, they look super cool!!! In this case I've sacrificed fuction for form, and would do it again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the CRG Hindsight LS with Rhinomoto CRG bar ends on my 696. These mirrors give a much superior picture of what is going on behind you as compared to the stock mirrors. You can literally see the entire road behind you by looking through one CRG. I now know why people get one instead of the set.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Last time I called CRG they sent me free replacement parts. Guess it all depends on who you talk to.
Chris

I've used the CRG's on four different Ducatis and they are an excellent product. I must say, however, that when I had a problem with the last mirror I bought the CRG rep basically told me to take a hike. I won't be supporting them anymore.

·
Registered
230 Posts
look good and clean up the controls, but never seem to stay put.
not if you install them correctly, using the appropriate hardware. mine haven't moved at all since I put them on. Again you have to use hardware that is an exact match for your bike, or they may not tighten up nicely. motovation offers enough sizes so that you should be able to find a snug fit for your particular bike. mine fits as if they were OE, or better. see my prior posts. hope this helps.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Here is a link to the CRG Blindsight Mirror and RHINOMOTO "CRG" Handle Bar Sliders" kit:

Bar End Slider/Mirror Kit

We made up a kit that included the CRG Blindsight Mirror , OBERON "Bar End" Turn Signals , OBERON Bar End Adaptors: Black , RIZOMA Lrg Billet Reservoir , RIZOMA Med Billet Reservoir and MW Folding Clutch Lever , and MW Folding Radial Brake Lever

Streetfighter Low Profile Kit

The bar end turn signals work very well. They can be used as stand alones or with existing turn sinals. I use them with the integrated turn signal/tail light or inthe tail kits that are not very bright or noticable. The bar ends fire front and rear.
For bikes with short bars, we offer an adapter that allows you to mount the bar end directly to the bar end turn signal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts