Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching the forum, for some reason I cannot find it. What year R1 has the correct throttle tube that will bolt onto a 749/999 series? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm going to pick one up on Wed or Thur.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What is the point?

I'm pretty new to my Duc, but what is gained by changing out the throttle tube?

Thanks,
LucDuc

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty new to my Duc, but what is gained by changing out the throttle tube?

Thanks,
LucDuc
A 1/4 less turn to full throttle. A pretty big difference. The reason the R1 tube is used is because it is a direct bolt on, and it is $16. The aftermarket ones are like $150 or something like that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Awesome Mod!!

A 1/4 less turn to full throttle. A pretty big difference. The reason the R1 tube is used is because it is a direct bolt on, and it is $16. The aftermarket ones are like $150 or something like that.
I will be adding this to my ever-growing list of mods.

From my research the Yamaha part # is 4yr-26240-02-00 (Someone please correct me if I am wrong)

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I still don't know if I want to do this or not. I mean, getting to WOT faster on my Aprilia wouldn't be that big of a deal, getting there a lot faster on my 999R and I start having visions of highsides.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still don't know if I want to do this or not. I mean, getting to WOT faster on my Aprilia wouldn't be that big of a deal, getting there a lot faster on my 999R and I start having visions of highsides.
I have a 749R, so I don't have the power worries unfortunately :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts