Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This really was the easiest tidy i have ever fitted, Highly recommended . Only 1 cable to alter (rear light). The indicators just push into the holes on the tidy, no bolts to undo/tighten, Really easy 1/2 hour job

Back end started life as pic1
Then a pic of whats to come pic2
Tidy fitted & pic of a nice piece that hides all the cables underneath pic 3&4
The finished article pic5

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
This really was the easiest tidy i have ever fitted, Highly recommended . Only 1 cable to alter (rear light). The indicators just push into the holes on the tidy, no bolts to undo/tighten, Really easy 1/2 hour job

That IS super clean, can you post a link as to where to order?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
This is a very nice piece of kit methinks! So I take it no cutting of the original fender, does it just unbolt?
Chris

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey Blackie!

Did you consider the Ducati Performance version of the Tail Tidy? If so why did you end up with the TT?

I like the simplicitiy of the TT but I like the DP tail eliminator because it keeps the "tucked in" look to the turn signals. The TT seems to push them out farther than stock.

P.S. thanks for the detailed photos!

J.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you consider the Ducati Performance version of the Tail Tidy? If so why did you end up with the TT?

I like the simplicitiy of the TT but I like the DP tail eliminator because it keeps the "tucked in" look to the turn signals. The TT seems to push them out farther than stock.

P.S. thanks for the detailed photos!

J.
No . I never asked the price as i suspected twice the price & double the time to get one

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
That IS super clean, can you post a link as to where to order?

Updated website earlier, as soon as the Importer has some I have 10 coming, one for me and the rest for any of you as well as 10 set's of radiator guards in black.
I am told by the US Importer that they should be here within a week.

·
Registered
465 Posts

Nice. I mocked mine out of an $18 universal mount and some after market LED turn signals. It is very small and sits back a little further.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Yeah (sorry Blackie) this is much better. Please post the info on source etc. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yeah (sorry Blackie) this is much better. Please post the info on source etc. Thanks in advance.
The mount itself is made by Targa. See link below. Any turn signal that you like, other than stock, will mount to this bracket. I had to actually reverse the bracket so that I mounted it to the bike where the license plate is suppose to go. In other words its backwards. So I'll still need to make a small bracket to mount the plate when I get it. I used the bolts and spacers from the original piece and tucked the wires up underneath it (See pic.) I'm making a small cover out of mesh (to match the mesh in the tail section) to cover the wires. The license plate will really cover most of it and from behind you cant see the wires anyway but it will be a nice finishing touch.

Once I figured out what pieces to use and what to do with the wires it was about a 10 min job. It really looks good in person and it should still display the plate well per the law requirement.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...in&catId=&productId=p495006&leafCatId=&mmyId=

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
169 Posts
srleadjb......Nice. I mocked mine out of an $18 universal mount and some after market LED turn signals. It is very small and sits back a little further.

I luv the tail tidy ,but for FCUKS sake ,please get rid of those " idiot" frame stickers. please....
:eek:

·
Registered
465 Posts
+1 to that, first thing I did on mine, pulled them off gently and place in owner's manual.

Chris
I tried the other day when I did the fender! Mine would not come off clean. Everyone I tried started to tear and seperate from the backing. I'll try it with some heat this weekend.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I tried the other day when I did the fender! Mine would not come off clean. Everyone I tried started to tear and seperate from the backing. I'll try it with some heat this weekend.
WOrks best if you try it after a ride so everything's really warmed up, if need be you can apply heat to heat from a blow dryer. I just started on one corner and gently pulled it took about half hour to get them all off.

Chris

·
Registered
77 Posts
I actually think that the DP tail tidy is cleaner-looking than both of these. As soon as I recover from the screwdriver wound I incurred while installing mine, I'll post some pictures.
ama

·
Registered
169 Posts
I actually think that the DP tail tidy is cleaner-looking than both of these. As soon as I recover from the screwdriver wound I incurred while installing mine, I'll post some pictures.
ama
As long as you didn't scratch the "Beast".......You'll Heal....:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
true that, Hede; I finished the installation last night and, aside from blowing the light circuit fuse (only once), the beast was unscathed and the tidy looks amazing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts