Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I fitted my Termi's, ECU and air filter as per the supplied kit the bike was amazing before but after it was fantastic, with second gear power wheelies unavoidable. I took the bike for its first oil service just got it back they say they have changed the mapping with the only one available, the for a 1098, now the bike is noticeably quieter on idle, I have not ridden it since so I can't tell if the power is any different.
I thought I read on here that some of the features of the modified ECU in the kit omitted the O2 sensor and held the exhaust flap wide open all the time sort of makes sense that it would be louder when closed, well now the flap cycles open and closed with the ignition switched on but stays closed. Anybody out there who can confirm that the flap with the modified ECU is in fact wide open all the time???? Thanks Colin.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have now ridden my 1198, the dealer put new software in the ECU but from a 1098 (the only software they have??) but now the bike not only sounds different but the power delivery is different also.
Does anybody know about the exhaust flap is it sprung open or closed and with the modified ECU?? is it supposed to be wide open all the time I'm starting to think the software for the two bikes is different the power in second gear used to be a really nice curve all the way to the rev limiter but now its very narrow at the end of the rev range any tuners out there who could comment??? Thanks Colin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts