Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching this forum for quickshifters but most of the threads I found were for the new SS or were from many years ago...

What are the current options for a quickshifter for my '03 1000 SS?

Initial research is suggesting an ignition-based system such as the HealTech Quick Shifter easy. Any first hand experiences and/or opinions on the HealTech quick shifter unit?

My original hopes and dreams for this off season's upgrades to the SS were BST wheels. Budgetary reality is pointing me towards just a quickshifter and upgrading safety gear. I'm updating my helmet and gloves, adding a Helite Air Track Vest and if anything's left, it'll go towards more trackdays.

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts
If you currently have a power commander I would use theirs as it is pretty easy to add and works both GP and conventional shift (you need to purchase the correct one for your set up). I do not have first hand experience with the healtech unit but I have a customer who has use one on his 848 with good results.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
I just went through installing the Healtech unit on my S2R1000 last night and this morning.

The Monster has standard coils and not the newer style where the coil is in the plug cap. On this bike the Healtech connects to the fuel injectors. Pretty much the same but the injectors require more work to get to them.

I have not ridden it yet but I will say the Bluetooth to phone setup app is awesome! Should make tuning a breeze.

On my 999 and KTM 690 Duke I’ve installed Translogic units. They work fantastic but making tuning changes is a bitch. You have to work the shifter and count blinking lights on the control box.

The Translogic also has to be wired to a keyed power source but the Healtech just uses the injector/coil connectors for power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I went with the HealTech Quickshifter Easy unit. My local shop had a 20% off labor/15% off parts winter service special. With the SS needing additional work before the start of the season I had them do the install.

If the ride home was any indication, I can't wait to enjoy the quickshifter on the track! I had not ridden a bike with a quickshifter before today.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Duckman, can you elaborate a bit more on the installation of the Heal-Tech quickshifter? I’m looking at this unit for my SS. By chance did you also install the gear indicator package?

Thanks,
Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts